EUA & 1st botox yesterday

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

EUA & 1st botox yesterday

Postby jillywilly » 23 Jun 2012, 12:54

Hi everyone just wanted to share with u that I had an EUA yest, my CRS had said he would give me Botox if warranted once he'd had a good look & maybe inject my piles as well. Unfortunately I found the pre op enema very painful cos I was sore down there already & when come round from the GA I was in a lot of pain but the wonderful nurse looking after me got me some decent pain relief & Iam now recoupertating at home in bed after what was quite a traumatic experience as I hadn't been prepared for it hurting so much. Now I just have to wait & see what happens when I have my 1st BM post Botox, my pain was mostly from terrible spasm coming on after BMs I just hope that this is going to help cos I'd reached the end of my tether & was fed up with being in pain almost everyday. Does anyone have any advice about if I should continue with the rectogesic that I was using on a daily basis before the Botox. Thankyou again for this forum which has invaluable advice when you most need it. Love to everyone who is suffering xxxx
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: EUA & 1st botox yesterday

Postby Ever the Optimist » 23 Jun 2012, 13:30

Hi Jilly,
I was wondering how you were getting on because I had an EUA on the Weds just before you and remembered you on the thread. :)
Sorry to hear about the pain and that your procedure was all a bit traumatic...hoping things will now calm down a bit for you and the botox will work some magic on your AF! Those first post op days can always be a bit sore and painful also...Just have some ibruprofen at hand too for when the GA wears off completely just in case you are still a bit sore but you may be feeling much better by then...Did they have to inject the piles too? I imagine that might make it all a bit more painful too....I'm really not sure about using the Rectogesic with the BOTOX. Can't see how it would hurt too much but then I thought that Botox was another way of relaxing the sphincter (sort of an alternative to having to use the creams) so maybe some else could advise you better?...Recouperate well x and hoping that things settle down quickly for you and the botox sorts out those spasms and helps that AF heal!! Healing hugs x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby whatwhat » 25 Jun 2012, 09:57

Ahhh Jilly - sorry you had such a rubbish time at the hospital. Take it easy hun and let us know how you are feeling. I dont know what to suggest re: rectogesic but hope the Botox helps you now xxxx
whatwhat
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Jun 2012, 15:39

Hi Jilly,
I had botox back in November and it was very painful! Keep taking the pain meds as long as you need, that would be my advice. Bear in mind the botox takes about a week to take full effect, and the effects will depend on how much was injected. Try to relax as much as possible during your first bm and do not strain at all!!! This was my problem as the muscle was spasming because I was not using anything on it.
Previously I did not continue the rectogesic, however I am due to have a fissurotomy and more botox soon and was advised to use the rectogesic following this procedure even though there will be botox. I would contact your CRS and see what he suggests, it has been suggested it can help speed up healing along with the botox to provide relief. I hope you get some relief soon, I know what it was like being in pain every day. Good luck! If you want to ask anything feel free :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby jillywilly » 26 Jun 2012, 15:54

Thanks Sue for your advice & kind words, had my 1st post Botox bm this afternoon & pain followed very shortly exactly the same as before, painful spasm which lasted for 7 hours despite hot bath & heat pad & me trying very hard to relax & not stress about it (easier said than done!!) eventually i took some of the pain relief prescribed by the hospital when I had the eua last week. Pain has eased now but not gone completely & I know it's only 4 days since having the Botox but I do feel abit dispondant tonight that maybe its not going to work for me & that actually Iam just going to have to put up with this. Iam being very careful with my diet & drinking loads of water & didn't have any bleeding with my bm today so perhaps that's a positive but it the painful spasm that comes on after bm's that I find so debilitating i couldnt stand to move at all for a few hours this afternoon. I'm signed off work this week but due back on mon & I know they'll be expecting me to be back to normal by then but right now "normal" still seems a very long way off!!
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Jun 2012, 12:09

I felt very despondant for weeks actually about the botox, but in the long run it may work. 4 days is quite soon so try not to worry. Easier said than done I know. The fact you didn't have bleeding is a positive I hope! Don't rush back to work if you're not ready. I went back 2 days after my botox and it was too soon. Did more harm than good I think! I know 'normal' seems a long way off, it still does to me even now but I have faith that it will get better for all of us. I hope you start to feel better soon :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby jillywilly » 28 Jun 2012, 15:56

Just a quick update it is day 6 post Botox & today I had my first pain free bm in months!!! No spasm at all, I'm still using rectogesic twice daily as I can manage the headaches whilst I'm off work recovering from the Botox, I hardly dare let myself believe that it could actually be working but it certainly is a big step in the right direction & has lifted my spirits no end today & I'm feeling much more positive. Fingers crossed this is the start of my healing.
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Postby Lionheart » 08 Jul 2012, 16:49

Hey Jilly, I hope all is working out for you.
If you can please give us updates on how BOTOX is working out for you, cause to be honest i think am gonna stop with the creams and move on to BOTOX.
Thanks and god bless
Lionheart
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Sue27uk » 09 Jul 2012, 02:41

Jilly, glad things are working out for you! I am just 2 days post botox and fistulectomy (for a superficial fistula formed from a fissure helaing incorrectly). Got to say things are pretty good, the CRS I went to seems to be alot better at administering the botox than the last one!! Hope you've kept on improving. Lionheart, my botox experience wasn't great last time, but in the long run I am convinced it has helped me. I healed from it but unfortunately healed too quickly (!) and it left a tunnel underneath which I have had to have laid open. But I have had botox again this time and all is well, it is worth a try if the cream isn't working. If you search for botox in the search box at the top you will get threads on different people's experiences :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Lionheart » 09 Jul 2012, 02:43

Sue, thanks for the info, and I hope all works out for you.
Thanks again and God bless.
Lionheart
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4