Weeping/puss (gross I know)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Weeping/puss (gross I know)

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 12 Jun 2010, 00:42

Hello all,
Has anyone gotten any sort of weeping from their "area" with a fissure? By weeping I mean it feels moist back there around the anus and when I dab it with tp, I get at first a reddish discharge which I immediately assume is blood but it seems to be far from the fissure areas so I'm not sure if it is. Then when I dab it again it is a clear liquid with a slight odor. It is itchy and moistens back up again just a few seconds after wiping it (lightly) dry.
To top it all off, for some reason I now have what appears to be a bad case of jock itch up front and this has coincided with the many sitz baths I've been taking. I have always been very careful to make sure I dry myself completely afterwards but it has still happened so I have a maddening itch up front (groin) and a maddening, weepy, pussy itch in back.
The fissures don't hurt when I go now and I rarely get any blood in bowl or on tissue because of the combo of stool softeners, added fiber, drinking water and everything else I've been doing, but now I have this jock itch/butt weeping issue. I am currently on a business trip with my groin covered in lotromine and desitin, a hydrocortisone suppository up my anus and desitin between my cheeks as well. I smell like a 250-pound baby.
I go back and see the CRS on June 22 so 10 days away and I am actually looking forward to it. If these fissures haven't healed enough, I am insisting on something to help more like diltaizem (sp) or if they suggest surgery I'll be all in.
In the meantime, this jock itch has become my biggest problem. Any hints out there on how to get rid of it? I assume I'm the only person to have this happen on this forum.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Re: Weeping/puss (gross I know)

Postby cherylk » 12 Jun 2010, 01:50

As far as jock itch, being a female I've never had it. :roll: BUT, my husband had it recently, and I suggested he use baby powder for it. He felt that he would feel like a baby if he did that, so I suggested using A & D ointment instead. Airing the area whenever possible would be help heaing also. As far as the discharge, that sounds like an infection (something draining) to me.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Jun 2010, 02:14

You can get topical ointments or creams for jock itch. I actually currently (sadly) have a male yeast infection, presumably from all the post-op sitz bathing as well. I saw a urologist and also my regular doc and both gave me ointments for it. One is Nystatin and another is Spectazole. Spectazole and other "azole" topical antifungals are commonly used for athlete's foot, jock itch, and yes, male yeast infections.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 12 Jun 2010, 02:23

Oh yeah as for the "weeping," I don't want to freak you out, but my perianal abscess caused similar symptoms -- clear yellowish discharge with some pinkish blood when the abscess leaked. The discharge did have an odor, but it wasn't a "poopy" odor like I'd expect. Less intense odor than poop (and yeah I will admit to smelling it to check :)). If there's no associated pain then it seems unlikely to be an abscess though.
Have you been passing a lot of gas lately or anything? I never had any discharge due to my fissure personally, but sometimes when I passed a lot of gas (due to laxatives and a high fiber diet), the entire anal area would get irritated and wet feeling.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Jun 2010, 12:42

NG, sounds pretty much like what I went through, and still do sometimes a little bit if it's a high bm count day. Please don't worry so much. Are you on any antibiotics?
Excited about the game today?
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jun 2010, 11:11

Hey Sidra, nice to see ya around! Nope, not on any antibiotics. I'm still getting some yellowish discharge though. CRS says the incision is still open for some reason. Supposed to get it checked out again next week to see if there's more surgery coming, looks like odds are good that there is. Can't take any antibiotics right now, unfortunately, because I've got an *AHEM* male yeast infection to deal with now, and antibiotics will make it worse. Excellent stuff.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 14 Jun 2010, 11:20

Wow, you sound like you're in the same hell as me. So many baths have led to itching up front.
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jun 2010, 11:59

Yeah I think we might be in similar boats. This is going to get a little personal, but I'm not circumcised and have a yeast infection under the foreskin. Most likely because the sitz bathing has made that area much more warm and moist than it ever was before, since this is the first time in my entire life I've had this problem (and my wife doesn't have yeast infections either).
I've been applying the topical ointments to the "affected area" for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be getting better, albeit very very slowly. Nystatin and Spectazole are things that general practitioners should know about so I'd ask for one if the jock itch is really bothersome. I've never had jock itch so I can't claim to know what it feels like, but I can safely say that with my nice yeast infection discomfort, I definitely wasn't waiting to see the doctor about it.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 14 Jun 2010, 14:23

NG, you have thrush because of the antibiotics, I too suffer the same way after a course of them, it's very annoying when all you want to do is scratch the hell out of the end, here in the UK we get prescribed (or over the counter) Canesten which is applied as a cream under the foreskin and all over the glans, alternatively you can use natural live yogurt which is just as effective, this is a bit personal but all you have to do is put your penis inside the yogurt pot and withdraw the foreskin, once or twice a day should clear the infection, trust me it works! Image
Canesten info: http://www.canesten.co.uk/
Yogurt info: http://www.yeastinfectionsigns.co.uk/using-yogurt-to-treat-thrush.php
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 14 Jun 2010, 15:24

Hey Steve, I just checked and Canesten is actually what we call Lotrimin here in the States. It's marketed over the counter here for vaginal yeast infections and is one of the "azole" antifungal drugs. I've been using a couple other "azole" drugs over the last few weeks, one called fluconazole (taken orally) and two other topical ones, Nystatin and econazole nitrate. With those you have to peel back the foreskin, slather it everywhere, and repeat several times a day. I had a little problem called phimosis where the foreskin wouldn't ummm retract all the way, so one of my topical drugs has a steroid in it to help with phimosis, and (knock on wood) it seems to be getting a bit better. Actually the whole "penile issue" is moving in the right direction, just real slowly. It's definitely doing better than the "other end of things", that much is certain. I haven't taken any antibiotics lately, but I think the sitz bathing is likely the culprit in my case.
BTW how long does it normally take you to clear the infection? I've been using the antifungals for about 1.5 weeks now.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure