I BOLTED!!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I BOLTED!!!!!

Postby Guest » 24 May 2007, 18:09

:(
Well, I had a hysterectomy not long ago.... I am 34 and have no kids... I have had many surgeries..... and my backside is throbbing.... no blood... just CONSTANT pain.... so, I went to my surgeon... and he was going to do it... but the morning of the surgery... i was in my room -- and when the nurse came in to take me to the waiting area... i bolted... told her i felt like i had a sinus infection and couldn't do it...... sigh..... i don't know if i made the right decision.... but i COULD NOT have an epidural... no way.... uh uh.... never... .
so that is how it happened to me..... now i am dying ..... (in much agony).... but i can't do the spinal thing.
misti :cat:

Re: I BOLTED!!!!!

Postby happyass » 25 May 2007, 16:07

kittytroy/misti,
is there another general anesthesia option for you? i would believe that if I would have elected to do an LIS, i wouldn't need an epidural. is there a particular reason you must have an epidural.
they typically just put you out via IV in your arm and then once you drift away, they will do a local anesthetic in the area of your anus. you won't feel it once you are out via IV.
how long have you been dealing with your fissure?
for what it is worth, you bolted because it was the right thing to do for you.
only when you are truly ready, you will be able to go through with it.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 28 May 2007, 22:13

Yes, consider going with general anesthesia. That is what I did and, I knwo the surgery is scary, but you can do it!
S

Postby Guest » 29 May 2007, 21:57

kitty,
Go with general anesthesia, unless your surgeon or anesthesiologist sees some problem with that in your personal situation. I had a General , fell asleep in the company of two very nice nurses and when I awoke in the company of another very nice nurse every thing was done my wife was soon by my side and we were off for home and the healing began. It was "WONDERFUL" . The spasm pain stopped immediately. I had the surgery on 5/2 after being a semi invalid for almost 5 weeks from the pain. I rode a horse 5 hours on Memorial Day and then came home and rode a mule for an hour. I rode again this evening , about one hour. I am not recommending that you go out and ride or run or lift etc... but the surgery will in all liklihood help you like it has me and many , many others on and off this forum.
Good Luck and GOD Bless You!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 May 2007, 06:08

Don't feel bad Misti, i tried to bolt, too. I even called the Dr.s office to cancel the surgery, but it was holiday weekend and the messenger didn't do his job...the surgery was still on and I went ahead and did it. Boy am I ever glad I did. You will be too!!
Deleted User 5

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?