Leakage post bm - irritation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Leakage post bm - irritation

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 Oct 2015, 17:09

Hi all.

I've been using my gtn for 3 weeks now after my scar tissue removal surgery. Pain is generally not terrible but I noticed after a bm no matter how well I clean with baby wipes and shower it down a few hours later the whole sphincter starts to burn. I wanted to investigate why. It felt moist when I was walking so I dabbed the area with normal loo paper and there was stool with sweat on the paper. Can faecal matter cause bad irritation on the sphincter? I've never had this issue before and I'd love to know how to stop it.

Thanks

Ff xx
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Leakage post bm - irritation

Postby Savaici » 21 Oct 2015, 20:21

I get irritation if all the stool is not gone after a BM, and for me it itches and feels uncomfortable, and sometimes stings. I don't use wipes, though, ever, preferring to use wet sterile gauze pads (expensive but rewarding...so to speak :scratch: ). I also never use soap, though I am on and off my Sitz Bath quite a few times during the day. My bum never let's me forget it's there... always some irritation and have just had to accept this. Will never be what it was before this happened to me. I am also thinking of doing dilation a bit again, as I think things are a little 'tight' but just very very gently, and maybe just once a week.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion