Brown bread - good or bad

Bread

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Brown bread - good or bad

Postby Cliff2005 » 03 Nov 2015, 15:45

Hi everyone,

I'm on the dulcoease again and it had stopped the bleeding for a few weeks now. I still have a minor scrapping feeling when going but otherwise ok then I had a flair up with blood in the bowl the last two days.

Not sure what caused it but my stools were harder again. But I was wondering about bread, I only eat brown bread but have quite a few slices a day and wondered if this can cause constipation? As it's the only thing I can think that could cause it.

I'm a bit downhearted tbh as I feel like I'm back to square one seeing blood again : (
Cliff2005
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Brown bread - good or bad

Postby PainedSA » 08 Nov 2015, 00:08

I must admit I try to avoid bread like the plague as I know it is a trigger for me. Some people can eat it with no problem. Sadly because everyone is different there's a lot of trial and error in getting our diets right.
I would suggest cutting it out and seeing how you go, you could gradually bring it back into your diet and see if it's a constipation trigger for you.
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Brown bread - good or bad

Postby Cupcake » 09 Nov 2015, 15:05

Cliff,
I just wanted to mention that seeing blood doesn't not necessarily mean you are back to square one! Unless you fill the bowl and have significant pain, try not to get too worked up about it. It's probably just irritation of the brand new skin growing over.

As for bread, I'd try to cut back on it- one or two slices and make sure it's whole grain. I try to cut back on any type of bread like Pained said, but everyone is different.
Hang in there.
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Topics: 4