Blood clot on fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood clot on fissure?

Postby Donny » 03 Mar 2016, 12:24

I'm new to the fissure fun. I've been going to a hemorrhoid treatment center for internal hemorrhoids. About a month ago I was lucky enough to develop a fissure. The dr gave me some nifedipine cream to use on it. It seemed to be getting better but 3 days ago I had a large hard stool and got it fired back up. I have had slight bleeding nonstop since then. I went back to the dr today and he said I opened it back up. He said the source of the bleeding seemed to be a small clot on the end of the fissure. I was wondering if anyone else has had this and how long it took for the clot/bleeding to go away?
Donny

Topics: 2

Re: Blood clot on fissure?

Postby Savaici » 03 Mar 2016, 12:51

When you say "bleeding non-stop" do you mean even when you are not having a BM?

Anyway, if your doctor is not worrying, then neither should you. Unless it gets so bad that your blood pressure drops from the loss!!

I quite often have a little blood, and sometimes blood clots...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Blood clot on fissure?

Postby Donny » 03 Mar 2016, 13:12

Savaici wrote:When you say "bleeding non-stop" do you mean even when you are not having a BM?

Yes. It bleed all day. When I have a bowel movement it doesn't increase. It's not a lot of blood just kind of a real slow oozing. He seems to think once the clot dissolves it will stop. Hopefully that's the case. It's not really hurting. Just more annoying than anything.
Donny

Topics: 2