Post-LIS advice

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post-LIS advice

Postby phillyinpain » 08 May 2016, 21:04

Hey guys! Finally having the LIS on Tuesday. Was looking for any tips or suggestions for the first few days of recovery...what to eat, medicines to take, ect. Appreciate anything you can tell me! :thankyou:
phillyinpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Post-LIS advice

Postby Skiponzo » 09 May 2016, 11:15

Had my LIS 7 weeks ago this Wednesday. For me it's been a GREAT choice! Every recovery is different but for me I only had to take Oxy for 1 day (surgery day) and only a total of 3 pills at that. Afterward it was just daily lessening amounts of Tylenol until I was taking nothing after about 2 weeks. Diet was and still is high fiber and for first few days mainly easy to digest (soup, WW bread, etc.) but after a week Doc told me as long as fiber intake stays up you can eat anything. I didn't totally believe her (in fact only just ate beef for first time this weekend) but so far each item I have added back into my diet has worked out just fine. Final steps for me is to add back in something spicy and to finally try riding my bike again.

I'm one of those that did not have an episode that "created" my fissure so I've never had an issue with constipation, it's actually been the other direction I have had to worry about. Fist couple of days after surgery were painful but once I got past the 36 hour mark it's been pretty damned good. Still some issues and I guess there will be for quite some time but it's been a tremendous decision for me and I hope the same for you.
Skiponzo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2