Update 18 Days Post Op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Update 18 Days Post Op

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 08:25

Had my follow-up yesterday. Infection is all gone and Doc says there is no indication of a fistula. Still have some swelling in the area but it has gone down some. The infection seems to have left me with another skin tag although small. Which is a pain cause I just had one removed. We are going to wait another 2 weeks and see how things progress. Right now I'm having very little pain just uncomfortable/sore and have terrible itching. Every once in while I'll have stabbing/spasm pain from the area but Doc says that is to be expected.
Thanks all for your well wishes and advice. Hopefully soon I'll be able to stop thinking about my butt.

Re: Update 18 Days Post Op

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Apr 2008, 08:32

Yes, undoubtedly you are on the road to being worry free about your tail! That horrible itch is probably a healing itch, I developed it at about the same time during my recovery. Based on what you have said, your prognosis is excellent...great going!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 08:49

Sounds like you're on the road to recovery!! I'm glad to hear your follow-up went well - hope I will be as fortunate as you when I go for mine! Did your doc say what the stabbing pain was from? I'm having similar issues, mine has been more of a a stinging/burning?

Postby buttgirl » 01 Apr 2008, 09:37

Good to hear the infection cleared. I'm doing well myself. Just a little annoyed at the incision site, which still stings every now and then. No problems with the old fissure. I barely notice it, except after scrapy poos. then I feel it a little.
I went back to work yesterday ans ended up with general sorness in the hip region, which I guess is to be expected as I have a sit down desk job. I never realized how uncomfortable my chair is.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Apr 2008, 15:05

Great news Image !!! I also think that now you are definitely on the strait road to full recovery ! Stabbing pains were also part of my healing - they were occasionally present even 12 weeks after surgery - but they were very short duration , like - zip -zip and than nothing for days.
Since I checked progress down there daily, I can honestly say that things were "rearranging" and changing in function and appearance for the full 2 months, maybe even more.
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 15:19

Hang in there, bum. I know it is hard. I wish healing could just be straightforward and always progressive and measureable. But you are going to get there. Just take it day by day! Image

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 16:52

Bum,
Great to hear the infection has gone. I know it is hard not to think about you butt LOL. This stupid AF consumes your life. Keep you chin up, time heals. I am still healing and we will all feel better soon.
Patty

Postby val » 02 Apr 2008, 01:29

Thats great news, Bum, it all sounds perfectly "normal"! I too had those niggling pains on and off for quite a while after LIS, I think its where everything is knitting back together!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86