Double Whammy

Fissure and haemorrhoid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Double Whammy

Postby Bum_UK » 25 Apr 2017, 05:39

I'm fortunately doing a lot better pain wise today although it's a bit uncomfortable after my GP visually inspected the area.
I saw my GP earlier today. He said he sees three or four internal hemmies outside, smaller ones not the really big one from Sunday. I suspect they have been present for quite some time as the area feels like it's done for quite a while. He said there's a small fissure at 5 o'clock. I think it might be starting to heal as it felt large at the outset but I don't feel it as much now when I apply creams.
He offered a GTN prescription but I declined as the diltiazem works and works the same way GTN does. Hence, I don't think there's a need to swap. He suggested lactulose. I declined that too as that's the root of my current problems. I asked for a repeat prescription for Movicol or Laxido and I got a repeat prescription for Laxido. It saves a lot of money compared with buying it over the counter.

He will write up the referral for both the hemmies and the fissureand it will be ready tonight or tomorrow.
It will be interesting to see what the CRS says. I think I have two skin tags too in addition to hemmies. My take on things at the moment is to sort out the fissure first with diltiazem or another cream and then see if the hemmies sort themselves out in the meantime. The GP suggested banding of the hemmies but I'm not keen on that. I'd much prefer other non-surgical options that have lower levels of side effects before going for something more aggressive. That's my approach to the fissure too. Although, admittedly, I would have gone for LIS had someone offered it to me during the first few days of extreme fissure pain.

I don't have a sitz bath. I've sat in the bath tub from time to time but there's something wrong with the hot water supply to the bath (our house is build by a UK house builder that has been in the press a lot over the last couple of months for their bad quality and worse customer care but our house misfortunes are a different story!) and pouring only hot water still results in just over lukewarm water. I'm doing okay pain wise today but will see if it's possible to get a sitz bath that fits over the toilet.

To summarise today so far: pain is down and spirits up!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion