Post LIS Question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post LIS Question

Postby Guest » 08 Apr 2008, 08:19

Almost 4 weeks post op and I'm still having a burning sensation after every BM (believe its from the incision area). Also still having terrible itching that goes on throughout the day (both incision and fissure areas). Anybody experience this? Is it normal?

Re: Post LIS Question

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Apr 2008, 10:00

You'd have to be be sure the burning was not from the fissure site itself, I guess, because it needs more than 4 weeks to heal. The incision should have healed by now.
I think I would call my CRS and let him/her know what is going on to be on the safe side. I'd be a bit less worried about the itching though it can drive you crazy.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 08 Apr 2008, 12:23

I'd check about the incision too. I just saw my dr yesterday and he confirmed that mine has closed. The fissure is not quite healed yet and that, he says, will take another few weeks. apparently, itching and a little rawness is still to be expected from the fissure.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 08 Apr 2008, 12:28

Thanks! I could be wrong. Sometimes its hard to pinpoint where the discomfort is coming from. Fissure has been bothering me today so it may well be the source of the burning. Besides my CRS did confirm, at my last visit, that the incision had healed over. I have a follow-up next week so I'm going to wait but if things get worse I will definitely get on the horn to my CRS.

Postby buttgirl » 08 Apr 2008, 13:00

Also, BI, I noticed that my incision occasionally burns still, espcially when something presses on it. I think the freshly healed skin is still sensitive and feels weird because the nerves and cells are still knitting back together and refiguring out what they are supposed to be doing. Perhaps that explains some of the irritation in that region.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 10 Apr 2008, 01:17

I had mine done back in january but still sometimes get a bruised/sore feeling. For the first couple of months I was getting shooting pains every so often. I think unless its extremely sore, it should be just healing pains (if theres such a thing! thats what I called mine!)
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Apr 2008, 15:44

I had all of those after LIS too. It all subsided maybe 9 weeks after LIS and stubbing pain somewhere in the tail was occasionally present until recently. Now that my skin tag is acting up again - there is burning feeling there again
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61