Got bad news. Incision isn't healing. Need advice

Anyone have to have another procedure for the incision?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Got bad news. Incision isn't healing. Need advice

Postby Sal7864 » 18 Jul 2017, 15:15

What are the chances that the surgeon made an error during the procedure that caused me to not heal all the way and have seepage? I am beginning to wonder. But I'm sure that it would be very difficult to prove. And what other surgeon would be will to say that another surgeon messed up?

One thing is certain, I will get a a second opinion if he says I need a second procedure to get it to completely heal.
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby raoden » 31 Jul 2017, 12:41

Hi Sal and Banjo

How are you guys doing? Is there any improvement at the incision site? I still have a small wound (nearly 2 months after surgery) which according to my surgeon is superficial but not healing. Wondering if any of you got some good news to report.
Last edited by raoden on 31 Jul 2017, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 31 Jul 2017, 12:58

I'm going in about an hour to see my surgeon to see what's going on will keep you updated , sorry to hear that you're not healing did your doctor say that going to heal eventually?
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 31 Jul 2017, 14:09

Good luck with your appointment Sal! Hope you heal soon. Please keep us updated.

My surgeon cauterized my wound with silver nitrate 2 weeks ago and asked me to come back in 6 weeks. He said he expected the surgical incision to be all healed by then. I had some discomfort for a couple of days after the cauterization. But was completely pain free for about a week. Then slowly started feeling some mild stinging pain. Tried to take a look and it seems like the wound opened again. It is not terribly painful, it is almost like you scraped your knee. So going to wait some more and see if it gets better.
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 31 Jul 2017, 14:15

my doc tried that with me no luck. That said I would like to try it again before I do minor surgery I really don't want any more procedures unless I absolutely have to.... that said I do not want to go rest of my life leaking and the thing that being healed
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 31 Jul 2017, 18:46

Well, not the news I had hoped for, it's not healing soooo, I am going to roll the dice and have the procedure done on 8/28. He assures me that it's nothing like what I had done before. No cutting. Just some clean out and one stitch, says if all goes well, 1 to 2 weeks to completly heal then the leakage will stop. He says I won't feel it when I pass stools. We will see.
I am going to take that chance, I do not want to go the rest of my life with no healing and leakage. And he said that it would likely not heal if we do nothing.
Wish me luck, I am nervous as hell about it
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 31 Jul 2017, 19:16

Oh no that is not good. We just can't get a break from this problem. Did the surgeon say why this happened? Wish the surgeons would give us more information.

I wish you all the very best with this cleanup surgery. Hopefully this lets you heal completely and you recover quickly after that. Hang in there.
raoden
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 31 Jul 2017, 19:19

He doesn't know why it happened it does happen to a few people now and then he's pretty confident that what he's going to do is only to take care of it so I'm very hopeful I'm crossing my fingers and everything else thank you very much I appreciate the well wishes and good luck with yours as well I will keep you posted and how I make out
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby Sal7864 » 31 Jul 2017, 19:22

LOL maybe I can get a warranty repair?
Sal7864
Salt Bather

Postby raoden » 02 Aug 2017, 06:51

Ha ha Sal. Keep up the good spirits. The mind plays a big role in healing. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

In my last annual physical I was told that my blood glucose level is borderline. They didn't say I am diabetic but was told to be cautious. I wonder if that is causing my slow healing. Also I had an abscess 10 days post surgery. Don't know if that is causing slow healing in any way.

Trying to stay positive. We will all come out of this stronger!
raoden
Salt Bather