Hemorrhoids or Something else ?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hemorrhoids or Something else ?

Postby OuchX » 20 Jun 2017, 19:23

After the healing of a mild fissure been getting what feels like Hemorrhoid tissue. To the touch soft and one day to the next perhaps a little irritated. After a BM tender, a little itchy or sore. Or a little itchy and sore after sitting long enough.

Been using cool water to flush the area after BMs to keep both it and the possibility of a fissure from reappearing. Got Essential Oils(but I'm not sure that's ideal for a Hem so I also just ordered some Tucks) The area feels pretty benign as long as I don't sit on it long. Sometimes gets more irritated to the touch or itchy after sitting awhile on it or what not.

I tend to avoid the GastroDoctor unless this feels like Cancer, doesn't ever heal or continually bleeds. Any suggestions to speed up healing? It's hard for me to get much exercise or get out of bed long so I just try to keep it clean and try to keep myself as active and mobile as I am able to do. I also use plenty of metamucil-miralax to the stool nice and soft ...
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Hemorrhoids or Something else ?

Postby Tbooty » 25 Jun 2017, 13:46

My hemorrhoids were external and thrombosed, and did not feel soft to the touch. They felt hard, like a tiny water balloon filled to the bursting point. If your anal tissue is soft and puffy, it's probably not a hemorrhoid. Are you sure your fissure is healed? It could be inflammation around the fissure...??? The itching could be due to that inflammation or due to the healing fissure.
Tbooty
Fibre Addict

Re: Hemorrhoids or Something else ?

Postby OuchX » 26 Jun 2017, 00:35

Thanks for answering and maybe you're right, maybe it's still inflamed Fissure Tissue. They're hard to tell the difference between. It doesn't bleed just gets irritated easiliy. About 13 years I ago I went in to a GastroDoctor complaining about chronic bleeding back there and they did a Clonoscopy but I had already started on Metamucil and the area healed by the month it took to get into him. He suggested I stay with that regiment. Now I've gone extremely hardcore on the issue with miralax, diet alterations, sitz bath, etc... Don't want this to get serious!
OuchX
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5