Help...need advice/reassurance quick!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Help...need advice/reassurance quick!!

Postby motherluch » 18 Apr 2008, 06:28

Hi everyone,
I have been popping on and off, been crazy busy with work and planning for our Disney vacation which we are leaving for in about 1 hour. Everything has been really great, after I saw the Dr. in NYC he reassured me and told me to stop freaking out about the bleeding internal hemmies I have (I was bleeding a lot...dripping blood in toilet etc.) Anyway, have been taking a higher dose of magnesium and keeping things really soft has helped tremendously. But of course I have been so looking forward to this trip and so grateful that the bleeding stopped and I have been feeling great and what happens???? This morning I had a bit of the runs and there was blood again. Not too much, but back to my old self, I am now so upset and scared to be so far away from my Dr. I also have an 18 hour drive ahead of me with my husband and 2 kids, and then all of the walking around in Disney.
I am hoping and praying that tomorrow I will be okay, but generally once I start this bleeding, I have to have an infrared treatment to stop it, or I bleed with every BM. What do I do???? Any support and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. I was so upset about being 18 hours away when this happened earlier that I was thinking of postponing the trip until I saw my kids faces. Do you think I will be ok?? Thanks guys, I always know I can count on you to share your stories and lend an ear!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Help...need advice/reassurance quick!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Apr 2008, 06:52

ML, I am really not the one to say, I never really had hemorrhoid problems much. How much bleeding it is, anyway, and how much pain? I would think the pain more than the bleeding would jeopardize the trip, unless the bleeding is severe.
It's so early, I don't know if any real hemmy sufferers will make it here before you leave.
But I think if you don't try to push yourself too hard and eat right, you'll be OK! Just watch which rides you get on! You'll have your husband there to take over if you just have to rest.
I think it is great you are going. Don't let these things control your life. You'll do fine!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2008, 09:15

I would take lots of breaks and get out of the car and walk around so that you aren't sitting and pooling blood to that area so much.

I would see if you could just fly and meet your family down there (J/K)!

But internal hemmies really shouldn't bother you-if you aren't in pain then just go and have fun.

I went to Disney World when I had a hemorrhoid acting up and it did okay.

Good luck!

Postby juney » 18 Apr 2008, 09:17

as long as your dr told you it wasn't much to worry about, i think you'll be fine. you probably aggravated something w/ the runny BM. at least it doesn't sound like you're having pain!! i'll take bleeding in the toilet over pain anyday!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby itsapain » 18 Apr 2008, 10:11

my internals do the same, i will go days with no problems then bam
like the last 2 days alittle blood but no pain
id say just keep everything soft, and frequent stops so as your not sitting too long
goodluck and have a great time
itsapain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby dano » 18 Apr 2008, 18:43

ive been to disney twice with a fissure...the last time was a fissure and an abcess.i no this isnt hemmies and they are probably different in alot of ways,but they are still "rear" related.the last time i went with the abcess kinda sucked due to the bouncing of rides irratating it,in fact we rode tower of terror so much that it actually started bleeding,had to use emergancy but pad.i had my operation like 2 weeks after i got back,def take breaks when you can,it helped me when walking around there..good luck!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby motherluch » 18 Apr 2008, 20:58

Well here I am in the hotel in S. Carolina...HI LECIA!!!! I am in Florence, will be on the road to Disney again tomorrow. I relaxed in the back and layed down most of the trip. I am feeling some discomfort, not sure what it is or why. Am worried about tomorrow's BM, will back off the mag a little tonight. I hope and pray it will all work out for my kid's sake, and my husband too, I am so damn sick and tired of this butt.
I really appreciate all of your support, will check back tomorrow to see if anyone else has anything to add.
Thanks everyone!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 02:00

I hope you have a lovely time in Disney !

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 09:32

Hey you're only 3 hours away from me!

Glad you can stretch out and get off the bum.

Have a good rest of the trip and I don't know if you really want to change your routine by not taking the magenesium. I would do like you do at home for the most part. Get up early if you need to so you can get the bm out of the way and have a chance to recover.

Have Fun! :^##:

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2008, 15:56

Motherluch,
Have fun at Disney! Try taking some Advil that helps calm things down for me. I just walked 3 miles last night and it actually felt good. So just take your time and rest when you can. I only have pain and bleeding in the morning, by lunch time it is usually calm down for me. Enjoy your vacation!!!!
Take Care
Patty