Loose Stools Making it Worse

AF and Loose Stool

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Loose Stools Making it Worse

Postby bummed-Out » 24 Jul 2017, 13:57

I am newly diagnosed with an AF from a colon & rectal surgeon. Rx that compound with the Lido. Using it for 3 weeks since.

I did have a constipated episode right before the awful pain started, but it wasn't until after a few really loose stools did I experience the awful pain. I don't usually get constipated, so I was not too sure that it was constipation.

I was feeling better after 2 weeks, but now that I had some pretty loose stools, I am back to about 48 hours straight of constant pain, like it was at the onset.

How could this happen? I don't think I'm straining because it's all really loose.

For 2 weeks, I didn't do anything extra. Just applied the compound.

But now that the pain has re-emerged, I am doing a sitz bath, and a heating pad.

I do a sitz bath once a day, sometimes more. It helps for like, 15 minutes after, but the pain comes back.
As long as i'm sitting on the heating pad, Im ok. But about 20 minutes after I get up, the pain comes back.
bummed-Out

Topics: 1

Re: Loose Stools Making it Worse

Postby Payne4me » 28 Jul 2017, 15:18

from my experience: i felt the same way about not being constipated....my suggestion is to take stool softeners and metamucil everyday...no pushing at all....i think the pain your having is from having an incomplete BM...you might want to start this process with a dose of milk of magnesia..to get u pretty cleaned out before you start your daily regimen...good luck
Payne4me
Salt Bather

Postby HopefulRebecca » 31 Jan 2018, 20:41

bummedOut--- how are you doing now? My process sounds a lot like yours, and I'm about to start taking milk of magnesia. Just wanted to check in... Thanks in advance for the update!
HopefulRebecca
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Payne4me » 03 Feb 2018, 06:30

It’s been 6 months since my surgery. I am not completely healed don’t know if I ever will. I have had 2 bleeding episodes in the last couple of months. I over indulged in chocolate. It’s effect was to make the diameter of my stool larger. Causing the bleed. I’m destined to live with miralax in my morning coffee til I die. But. The pain is gone. I still cringe at the thought of s bowel movement....remembering the pain. My thought is. Don’t use milk of mag. Get yourself on a regimen of miralax. Start with 2 doses and then back off to 1. I think MOM would make your bm “explosive “. Don’t need that kind of downward push. Keep in touch.
Payne4me
Salt Bather