Af healing process

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Af healing process

Postby Ty-dye » 03 Dec 2017, 16:38

Hello-hoping someone may help me out a bit.

Basically to make a long story short, I woke up with tightness around my anus one day, very wierd feeling. Didn't think much of it and could feel it there for couple weeks, did have some spot bleeding after wipes, no pain. Thinking probably a hemorrhoid which is strange I never had bathroom issues in my 40 years.

But after about 3 weeks or so of this, I had a bm from he'll out of nowhere, excruciating and most painful thing ever. Significant blood. After 3 days of incredibly painful excruciating bm's and just getting ready to call doctor, the next day they actually started subsiding, and there wasn't much blood so I still haven't called my doctor hoping this will self heal.

So after researching and thinking maybe an af, I bought the squotty potty thing and sitz bath. I also got bm' s under control with water, fiber and stool softner. It's made me go more which sucks but my bm is soft.

Now I'm on 3 weeks, my bm's don't bleed or hurt at all, what is kind of bothering me is this dull ache or pain I have after which started about a week ago and lasts maybe like 4 or 5 hours. At this point if it wasn't for bm's, I would think I'm pretty close to bring completely healed. The dull ache isn't excruciating and it doesnt really affect my day, but it us making me wonder what is going on especially because my bm's don't hurt at all.

My question does anyone know if the dull ache is a normal part of the healing process, and if so how many weeks does it stick around on average?
Ty-dye

Topics: 1

Re: Af healing process

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Dec 2017, 23:31

Every case is different but fissures even after being healed can cause a dull ache after a BM. The good thing is that you're still in the acute stage so you have a good chance of healing fully. The pain could last for weeks in some cases, so keep up with the regimen that's helping you. It would also be helpful to get an ointment prescribed that helps with AF healing like nifedipine or nitroglycerin. Self healing is great but ointments speed things up. And you'll have that weak spot for a long time so be cautious even after you become pain free.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: Af healing process

Postby Ty-dye » 11 Dec 2017, 14:24

Thanks for encouragement. I actually never did go into the doctor and tried to deal with the issue myself. The last week was kind of turbulent, I would have a sporadic couple days where it would ache pretty bad, and other days not so bad. I woke up last friday, had a clean bm, and the ache actually never came at all on Friday.Friday was the first day I actually felt healed from it. I haven't had an ache at all or even a reminder of the fissure since last Thursday so I am hoping I did heal from it. I have been continuing with the process of high fiber, stool softeners and very high water intake and will continue to do so for a couple weeks I think just to make sure. I can assure you I will probably never go back to my old diet again, and will always be conscious of fiber and water. I'm a heavy mountain biker but will not be doing any of that until next spring just to make sure.

Pretty crazy, the last month has been the absolute worst of my life in terms of dealing with the fissure and I wasn't sure when or even if I would feel normal and all of a sudden I wake up Friday and have felt normal since.

Crazy eye opening experience I will hopefully never forget to be conscious of again at least in terms of diet.
Ty-dye

Topics: 1