Second opinion : (

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Second opinion : (

Postby val » 14 May 2008, 12:46

Image dear Fiss,
I'm so sad you've got another one, but at least you have a good doctor now- and I think that gives us a sense of calm in the middle of all this hell!

You healed it before so I'm sure you will again.

Sending healing vibes and hugs your way! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 14 May 2008, 12:46

Thank you dear Juney for believing in my fast healing Image ! I have to stay positive - you are absolutely right :loveheart: ! I do not mind "fissure diet" - it is almost like my original diet anyway LOL + Metamucil :) and now some added MOM before the bed time. She said that it is OK for time being and suggested to try Colace for a while to prevent famous "hard tip" !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 14 May 2008, 12:50

HI VAL Image !!! Thank you for "vibes" - I can feel them Image !!!
Yes, right doctor makes all the difference Image !!!
I have to heal - no way going around it Image ! We can make it buddy - hope you are doing better !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 14 May 2008, 13:04

The body wants to heal, that is what I keep telling myself on those days that it seems like I am getting nowhere. It is it's prime motivation to bring us back into balance and health so we live.......and pass down our dna, I guess!

Postby Jo » 14 May 2008, 13:15

Image Fiss,
I am so glad to hear you got a second opinion. Image It really sounds like your Dr. knows what she is doing and seeing. Thank goodness. Your explanation was really good cause I was wondering if that "little pile" would ever go away. I will be carefully watching it and looking for it to disappear...
So sorry :*8*: to hear you are suffering again with a fissure. I know you are going to be able to heal this thing. Hopeful it will go away very soon and leave you alone forever. It is a relief for you not to have to worry about some painful procedure now.
Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing day. :bathtub: You deserve it. It is so hard to get poked and prodded in the behind. Glad you can put that behind you for awhile.
Take care. Image
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 14 May 2008, 13:24

Fiss,
What cream does your doctor have you using? I am going to start a new subject and list those alternative sites again for hemrroids in case anyone did not see them previously.
Thanks,
Cheryl K.
P.S. I like using this Diltiazem cream. My Mayo CRS doc told me they use Nifedipine plastibase there.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 14 May 2008, 14:23

Lecia buddy - yes, that is what we have to repeat as a mantra Image, although we already passed genes to the new generation and hopefully not the junky ones that we have Image . Biologically speaking at my age I am already insignificant for the human population LOL - just a burden for precious recourses Image .
:truebud:
Cheryl- I am using 0.3% Nifedipine cream now. I also had good success with Nitro before.
Jo- thanks for the comforting words Image Yes, I really am giving myself " a pet on the back" for surviving one exam after the other :pale:,
no matter how gentle they are it is painful AND humiliating - but what can we do Image I will try to relax - I have to - I think I will go out for a light walk or I will go crazy thinking about it all Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 14 May 2008, 14:34

Thanks for the info. Good luck and stay positive. (I realize that is not always easy.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 14 May 2008, 16:18

fiss - are you able to see the fissure yourself? i've always been able to see the source of my pain and it seems crazy to me that something so small can cause so much agony.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 14 May 2008, 16:28

Fiss - Wow! What a shocker! You do have the worlds tightest bum - I can't believe this happened! Just go back to basics and do your soaks. I wish you all the best and I will be in the sideline cheering you on! Image
My fissure is like yours- It can be clearly seen without an anoscope and is deep. When the perianal muscle streches it opens up and that is why it is taking forever to heal. Also, my part of my bum would swell up the size of a bing cherry (no kidding!) due to my hemmies and cause my scar to retare just on the external portion.
Hang in there Fissy! I feel you pain! :'\;redbud:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39