Dang bum!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Dang bum!!

Postby Guest » 28 May 2008, 14:04

WF=wake forest

I think if botox is used for the face quite liberally, then I don't see a problem with it being used in the rectum. For me I would trade constant pain for incontinence. I can't say that one is worse than the other.

Hang in there, Chris! :tinky: Thanks for the pimple advice!!!

Postby Jen » 28 May 2008, 14:15

BG -
I am sorry about the setback. At least there was no blood - that can be a good sign. Can you tell where the pain came from (the fissure area or abcess area)? Keep us updated and try to relax. :bathtub: :kyjelly:
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 28 May 2008, 14:24

Lecia et. al.,
I had no probs with the Botox on my face other than it hurt, was expensive, and was only temporary. I am not sure if Priscilla Presley had bad Botox or what, but I have read about some bad Botox effects on the face. At any rate, I would agree that sometimes it seems fecal incontinence would be preferable to constant pain. Thanks for the clarification about WF. Interestingly, our former neighbor will be staring a sports medicine fellowship there this summer.
I am in complete shock right now. My Mayo GI doc just phoned me a short while ago to check on me as a followup to our conversation yesterday afternoon that he cut short. I think some of these docs do really care about us/their patients.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 May 2008, 15:08

Hey Chris,
It's just a blip! You're gonna have those just like I do!
Your spasms are gone, history...right? You have a powerbutt now, whats a little hard-tipped poo to a butt like that???
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 28 May 2008, 15:08

CHRYS - I am so sorry buddy Image Well - tell me about it :( . Please take my advice - pretend that you did not have LIS and that you do have a big fissure for the next 8 months - I think that is the only way we would not have setbacks Image . It is so human to try to be "normal" again and we hurry to be that - we just should not for the longest time. I wish now that I was as diligent about everything as I was right after the surgery - I would lie
if I say that I was :oops:. I felt so good that I thought that I can do whatever I want and now I have brand new fissure to heal Image . Now that I am "back to the basics" I see how much I "fell of the wagon" actually, it looked like "little cheating" - oh well, now I know "how little" !
I hope you had just some irritation going on Image just be extra careful for the next 3 weeks - take MOM- take mneral oil - whatever it takes ! I had little bleeding and no pain and thought - oh well - just superficial thingy - pffffffffft - and than it continued to get more and more irritated until the hell broke open : (((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 28 May 2008, 16:44

Kim wrote: You have a powerbutt now, whats a little hard-tipped poo to a butt like that???

HAHA!! I do indeed have a power butt now. No spasms, just soreness where the cut is. Hopefully, that will subside soon. I had boring old peas again for lunch with rooibos tea. Back to the uberbum diet for a few days.
You're right Fiss. I have been a bit over indulgent this weekend. I had a big, meaty flauta and a big chicken this weekend. I think they slowed things down a big. GRRR!!! I think i will take your advice. Please remind me every now and again, though, because I am acutally really bad at following advice for extended periods of time.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jo » 28 May 2008, 18:17

Chris,
Hoping your day tomorrow will be back to "normal" and no lasting effects from the hard poo. I know a few days this week I thought I was going backwards, but things seem pretty stable, just a little bleeding and soreness. It is annoying when things seem better then you go back to a few bad days. It is easy to blame ourselves, I think we all do that.
Take care,
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 28 May 2008, 18:27

You are so sweet and supportive, Jo. I am glad you have been having some good days here and there.

Postby buttgirl » 29 May 2008, 09:48

Me too, Jo. Thanks.
Well, bm today was OK, but I can tell I did do some damage yesterday, dang it. I'm not sure how long it will take to heal, likely a week or two, but it is frustrating.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Jo » 29 May 2008, 14:41

Thanks you guys. Everyone is so nice here.
Sorry to hear some damage was done, hopefully it won't take long to heal. It is very frustrating... Sounds like you are keeping things soft and moving well.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5