Dang bum!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Dang bum!!

Postby buttgirl » 28 May 2008, 11:39

Image I hurt myself a little this morning. For no identifiable reason (except maybe hormones, though those are a few days late), I had a large hard tipper this morning and it hurt coming out right along the fissure area. I didn't push and managed to relax and it came out OK, but I'm a little bit sore right now, like I minorly reinjured the area. There was no blood or anything, just pain and the residual minor soreness. Still, I am so mad!! Image Will this ever end??? I feel like I set myself back a week at least.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Dang bum!!

Postby Guest » 28 May 2008, 11:57

I know exactly how you feel. It only takes one bad BM episode. I have been having that happen too. I noticed it when I ran out of Digestive Advantage so I put in a rush order and it "seems" better but you know how these things are. As soon as you think there is a formula then it stops working. Maybe you could take a swig of mineral oil for a few days and see if that helps.

Postby buttgirl » 28 May 2008, 12:06

Thanks Lecia. I did immediately take a swig of mineral oil this morning. I wll do one again tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. This is just so frustrating. I know I should expect minor setbacks, but I was just starting not to feel it anymore. I mean, I knew it is still there a little...now I know it's still there more!! ARGH!!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 May 2008, 12:20

I keep thinking I am retearing or reinjuring myself but then after inspection it doesn't look worse but who knows what is happening on the inside. I got back to WF tomorrow. Do you have another check up?

Postby buttgirl » 28 May 2008, 12:36

I hope things go well and WF.
No, no more appts. for me just yet. I was there last week and the dr didn't want to exam and risk retear. I guess it's just a matter of waiting. hopefully it's better tomorrow.
I took a look this morning and don't look any worse for the wear, but like you said, who knows what's going on inside.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 May 2008, 12:41

I can relate, that freaks me too.....
I am sorry Buttgirl Image
Hope you feel better tomorrow :)
Be good to yourself
x

Postby cherylk » 28 May 2008, 12:50

Sorry to hear that buttgirl. This group is such a good source of support, however, isn't it? I think my husband is so enjoying me not talking to him so much about my butt since I can now use this forum to vent, etc. I am wondering if we all just have sensitive guts and butts although I remember when my adult son had a fissure when a young person, his doc at that time indicated one does not have to be all that constipated to develop a fissure (and evidently there are numerous reason for developing one besides constipation). I am going to send my Mayo GI doc that article that Fiss posted yesterday. That was such a great summarizing article! My GI doc yesterday indicated that LT they really don't know what the results of Botox are going to be, and he didn't think LIS would be a good option for me unless it was the very, very, very last resort. I know that LIS is evidently successful for most, but he indicated that there is a percentage of people who may develop a worse problem that fissure (i.e. fecal incontinence). I hoping that my ointment does the trick. He also didn't believe that death could occur from a Botox shot in his opinion, but I know there have been some disastrous results using Botox on the face like I had done several years ago. Bottom line there is most likely a risk with any treatment including the various ointments. I am hoping that the fiber supplements I am trying are going to help my digestive system which I feel is the key to healing. If I may ask--what is WF?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 28 May 2008, 13:01

sorry you're having trouble again Chris. Its so disheartening when it happens again after having a bit of time of little pain. Hope its a very minor setback and you get back on track soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 28 May 2008, 13:04

thanks everyone! I appreciate it.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby lars » 28 May 2008, 13:37

Sorry to hear that Chris. But I think it is just a minor setback. I bet you will be painfree soon again :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5