Hemie Club

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Hemie Club

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2008, 20:17

I never had any digestive problems or any anorectal problems till I ripped my butt open Image one sunny beautiful Hawaiian day in the K-mart bathroom stall Image
I will soon become K-mart "unibomber" Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 04 Jun 2008, 21:08

On the positive side, Fiss--at least you were in a beautiful place when you did the ripping! I find, however, that I don't like memorabilia from bad trips, and therefore, I just cut up a souvenir shirt from the last trip that I had to end quicker than I had planned.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 04 Jun 2008, 22:43

John -
Sorry to hear about the hemmie! I just had 3 removed with Rubber band ligation and I feel so much better! I have read that sometimes the external ones are supplied by blood from the internal ones, so if you get rid of the source if could be a cure.
Cheryl & Lecia -
What exactly are the signs and symptoms of a thrombosed hemmie? What do they feel ilke? Just asking because my hemmies were really painful last year and maybe I had that...
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Sorerumpie » 05 Jun 2008, 07:07

Thank you all for the encouragement , or suggestions.
The little monster has settled down somewhat .
The clotrimazol cream really does settle down things rash wise which I think is causing this ulceration. Butt we'll see......
One just wonders .......... will one's life be ruled by the butt ?
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby cherylk » 05 Jun 2008, 07:16

Jen,
I am trying to forget about my hemmies, but his is what I recall: I got my first one while traveling with my husband on a trip. I wasn't drinking my usual 8 glasses of water daily like I am now, I was sitting a lot in the car, and I had to strain. (This happened 4 years ago.) By the time I returned home, I had a HUGE hemmie. I went to my new family doc, and he gave me Proctosol cream (anusol). I used it 3 x's daily and went to work and sat on my butt for 8 hours (for the most part) every day on a doughnut on top of my regular chair. Midday I went to our medical department to apply the ointment. It eventually went away. I don't remember the pain so much as the size.
I had a similar event a little over a year ago when I had several weeks of coughing due to a cold in addition to my digestive prob of constipation. Then I had pain which eventually subsided. Both times I no doubt would have been helped if I had an incision made to relieve the pressure of the clot.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 05 Jun 2008, 08:07

Jen,
when I had one, it was REALLY painful, woke me up at night and kind of feels like a dragging sensation. Ice on it really helped but it was the kind of pain that is really miserable. Then mine burst and my fissure was born!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 06 Jun 2008, 03:28

Oh i am sorry Sorerumpie Image
Just as you were starting to feel so much better too !