Hemie Club

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemie Club

Postby Sorerumpie » 04 Jun 2008, 09:01

Hi All, Looks like I've joined the club with my first hemorrhoid !!
It's like a little soft lumpy pillow right at the outside of the anus .
Sound familiar ?
Think it was brought on by a rash around the anus ( which I've had before ). I also think that using the sitz bath too often may be causing this rash. Am using clotrimazol cream 1% again for the rash ..........
Damn ! Image Just when the fissure heals up - it's got to be the flaming blow-torch on the anus !!!! Image Image Image
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Hemie Club

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 09:13

oh, I am sorry. :( It is one club that I wouldn't want anyone to join. It hurts so bad!!! If it is thrombosed like really hard and bluish purple you should go in right away and they can often remove the clot which can give you relief.

You could put some lidocaine on it and sitzbaths are recommended but it sounds like you overdid it like I did and ended up with a rash. Also taking rutin and ibuprofen can help reduce the swelling. When I have an acute hemmie I take 800 mg 3 times a day.

Sorry, sorerumpie, I know it totally sucks!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Jun 2008, 09:24

I think you'd rather have a Dodge Hemi.
I don't know much about them, but could it be prolapsed if it is presenting at the rectum?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 04 Jun 2008, 09:59

Sorry Sorerumpie. That stinks. If it's any consolation, I got one about a week before LIS. It was mildly purplish. But now 12 weks after LIS it is almost gone. I can't see it anymore, but I can feel a little bit occasionally.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 04 Jun 2008, 12:06

sorry to hear that! When I had a thrombosed one, I found ice really helps to take the pain down.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2008, 13:13

Hey buddy - what a heck is going on with most of us Image - this or that way
we HAVE to "have something" Image going on - just crazy Image . John, go an see your doc - it looks like your doctor is really good one and let him see it. As Lecia said they can drain it - I think it would be better if they do it rather then let it possibly burst by itself and maybe cause new fissure GOD FORBID !!!! Lecia - didn't that happen to you when you got fissure buddy ???
Oh boy, I am so sorry John :( . I really hope that it will go away like it happened to Chris ! I wish I knew more about hemmies ...Keep us posted and take care Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 16:59

Feel your pain and hope it eases soon. Sitz bath with epsom helped me alot and seemed to reduce the swelling.

Postby Guest » 04 Jun 2008, 17:38

Well, I got the first fissure from having an external hem removed-not just drained but actually cut off. Then I got another fissure from where a hem burst on its own. Then I said to heck with this, I am just getting this vein removed.

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jun 2008, 18:46

Oh, Lecia baby :( , you were through so much ... Image even before this surgery - just not fair ... I don't know where all of this "nonsense" will make any "sense" - I guess we shall see one day Image
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 04 Jun 2008, 20:04

Guys and gals,
I don't know if everyone of us has had digestive issues that have resulted in so many butt probs. I have had two hemmies thrombose in the past, so I feel for anyone with that situation. Myself I am still trying to regulate my digestive tract right now. I still think that a colostomy sounds like a way out of all of this, but my husband disagrees with me.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46