Advice for fistulotomy in Office

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Advice for fistulotomy in Office

Postby Ng09 » 15 Mar 2018, 18:22

Hello all, I had a fistulotomy exactly one year ago. It went fine and healed perfectly, however, a month ago I got a small fissure from starting prenatal vitamins and it has resulted in another fistula. My CRS told me that operating is the only answer and that I cannot go 8 more months with this fistula. He said that because going under anesthesia is not safe during pregnancy he is going to do the procedure in office. He said this is not always reliable or a garuntee but he will do the best he can. It is superficial so hes hoping it goes okay in Office. If he cannot find the internal opening then we will have to move forward with doing g it under general anesthesia. I am PRAYING he can do it in Office so that I do not risk the pregnancy going under general anesthesia. I am aware that it will probably be VERY painful but just wanting to kind of know what to expect. So to anyone who has gotten a fistulotomy done in the office with only local anesthetic Id greatly appreciate your story and any advice you have for how to handle it!
Ng09

Topics: 1