Confused...Part II

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Confused...Part II

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jun 2008, 08:46

Mine aren't any drier and I live near you both....maybe you guys have been outside more than me...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2008, 06:27

hey guys. well, after 2 days of slight constipation, small, uncomfortable bms, and a raw rear end, i had a fairly easy time of it yesterday. i went to the store the night before to purchase MOM, but they were out and i didn't have time to go somewhere else. so, since i had been drinking prune juice that day in an effort to ease my situation, i drank more of that night before going to bed. i also used plenty of vaseline, took an extra colace, and took vitamin c. when i went yesterday morning, i was floored by the sheer volume! it was a little runny, but there was no discomfort at all and it wasn't irritated afterwards.
keep your fingers crossed that this has passed! i think i'll stick to the extra colace for a few days until i'm sure that things are better. i'm also buying MOM in grocery today to keep around in case i run into a rough spot again. i still have no idea what caused it, i just hope it's over.
one question comes to mind...i'm not sure when our bodies get rid of the things that we eat. i mean, i had been slightly expanding my diet in little bits over the last few weeks, but made sure not to have anything that was considered a "no-no." (tried whole grain pasta, tried a new veggie hotdog, tried whole grain waffles, things like that) after all of those changes, my bms were fine. is it possible that something i may have had a couple days before, even if i had had a couple bms after that, was still in my system and caused issues later? maybe it moved slower through the tract or something? could you really eat something on monday, have good movements on tues and wed, then have a problem on thurs from it? i'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.
thanks for all of the help. i really don't know what i'd do without this place.

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2008, 06:46

I am glad things are feeling better for you :D
I suppose sluggish digestion could be the cause, i am not sure...
Stick with all the good measures just to be on the safe side :roll:
Goodluck

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Jun 2008, 07:10

The transit time for food will vary from person to person based on their metabolism, what they ate, and even their sex with women taking a little longer than men. 24-36 hours is roughly normal, but it can fall above and below those numbers. Yes, you can easily have the food you ate two days earlier still "en route" so to speak. Some sources I have read state that 70 hrs has become the westernized norm, but I seriously doubt that!
Bacterial and viral infections can also be mild enough not to cause any real discomfort but still slow things down, or speed them up as the case may be. Fianlly, as Lecia wisely pointed out, dehydration this time of year can be a culprit.
I'm glad you seemed to have weathered this current storm nicely and hope it keeps up..
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 07 Jun 2008, 07:15

Guys and gals,
I found some info "somewhere" which indicated how long everthing takes to pass through, i.e. how long in the small intestine, how long in the stomach, etc. If I find it again, I will put it out here. I have so many books and references and that is why I don't remember where I read it.
To health,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Jun 2008, 11:03

yeah, 24-36 hours is considered normal and preferable. In my case it is 24 hours (unfortunately I got to know that because poop watching became my new hobby LOL ) Anyway - if you want to know your timing you might want to eat something easily recognizable in the poop itself - lots of beets (expect your poop to be bright red), or lots of cooked corn (expect to see whole kernels imbibed in the poop) - anyhow- sorry for sharing Image this so early in the morning - just thought it might put your mind at ease Image .
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 07 Jun 2008, 12:10

Good idea about trying cooked corn to run a test on transit time!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 07 Jun 2008, 18:18

Ok - so I had to reply to this thread even if it means embarassing myself. :hotair:
I ate Chinese for lunch yesterday. This morning, when I wiped after my morning BM, there was a bamboo shoot on the toilet paper! Image also, a few weeks ago, I had a portabello mushroom, and there was some mushroom on the TP. I eat ALOT of veggies and I always notice them in my BM's the following morning after I eat them. This is also due to the fact that I am always looking at my BM's and searching for mucus and blood. Image I miss the days before my fissure when I didn't have to do this!!
I think things pass through me with in 12-24 hours. Also, one of my nusring instuctors told me this was the average time for food to pass. However, everyone's "normal" is different. :12:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 05:27

Aww bless you Jen !
Sweetcorn for me takes approximately 16 hours !!!
Did anyone want to know that !!!! :oops:

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2008, 09:23

Hey, I am all ears!!!!

I find whole blueberries in mine.