A message for the Disheartened

Fissure problems

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A message for the Disheartened

Postby Wotan » 18 Apr 2018, 03:14

Hello everyone,

Firstly, many thanks to all on here who have helped me with my questions and problems, I hope this experience will now help you. I have suffered from fissure on and off for quite a few years. Its always responded to self-medication. Fybojel and Anusol Suppositories. Just short of 3 months ago I got another fissure ( 6 O'clock position ) after having a bout of constipation, but it did not respond to my regime, in fact it went nuclear. After 3 weeks of pain it was off to the Dr, who to her credit I now realise prescribed Rectogesic. She also said I had a hemorrhoid.

First treatment with the ointment I was in tears the pain was so bad. I had a major headache the first few times I used it, but persevered and they went entirely. The pain was bad, but I did manage to insert the jell PR twice per day. I never missed a treatment and I was taking Fybojel twice daily. My bowels are regular, and I went every morning. I was not constipated, but still getting stinging pain. After 4 weeks the tenderness had gone, and I had to go to Malta, so continued the treatment over there for just over a week and noticed the pain easing, It was 5 weeks into the treatment which was an 8-week course. Got back to the UK and bingo, the pain came back with a vengeance. I needed to see the Dr regarding another issue and mentioned the pain, but was just told to persevere and see how things went. At 6 weeks the pain had started to ease, but I was sure the ointment was not working and I would need further treatment.

I kept up the regime and at the end of 6 weeks, the discomfort was much less. By week 7 no pain and by the end of week 8 no pain at all ( just as well, as the treatment ended ). I have kept up the Fybojel and go regular, but I have been pain-free now for over 3 weeks. I am aware healing takes time, but I am living in hope !!!. The moral then is, if you are on Rectogesic it is not a magic ointment. Keep going as I thought it would not work. it took weeks, but it did the job....Persevere. I hope it stays that way, and I hope this may help people who are on the same regime...Best of luck to all
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: A message for the Disheartened

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 03 May 2018, 03:12

What great news! I’m glad rectogesic worked for you!
Deleted User 7114

Update after Rectogesic

Postby Wotan » 22 Mar 2019, 06:18

Hello everyone,

Just in a way of encouragement here is my current status. It's now March 2109, over 12 months from my nuclear fissure. Once I got relief from the Rectogesic as mentioned above my symptoms went, I am happy to report I have been fissure free for 12 months.

I suspect it was the cream, but fingers crossed I have had no further problems. I am hoping it stays that way as it seemed to work for me. We are all different, but if the nasty thing comes back then I shall certainly ask for Rectogesic again. I hope others on here can report such progress as that would be nice, or perhaps I have just been lucky!!!....Views welcomed
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 23 Mar 2019, 07:43

Thank you for your positive update.
I have been on rectogesic for about 2 weeks now... just about managing the headaches. I’m trying to persevere with it, but not sure it’s doing anything to help really. It stings the fissure when I apply it. Did you find that?
After reading this I’ll continue to persevere... in all the years this is the first time I’ve actually been able to stick with it for more than a week!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Wotan » 23 Mar 2019, 17:26

Hi owmybum

I know exactly how you feel. It stung with me as well. I felt little better after 6 weeks!!!. It's not a magic ointment, it takes time. Follow the full course, and you may even need another dose. Don't give up and give it a try...it will probably work fine, but most of all I wish you the very best!
Wotan
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 24 Mar 2019, 15:47

Thank you xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !