Sentinel Pile removal activated fissure

Anal tag removal active fissure

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Sentinel Pile removal activated fissure

Postby LisaRN » 28 Apr 2018, 19:23

I haven’t thought about my fissure in a million years. And I didn’t know much about it when I was dealing with it over 15 years ago. I was having the sentinel pile or skin tag removed by cautery and it activated the fissure. Well I’ve settled it down after 2 weeks of soft stool, soaking, fissure ointment and petroleum jelly but I’m still swollen and the skin that was cauterized is swollen out under the fissure much much much larger than the tag so I can not imagine the swelling going down all of the way. Any idea what may have happen here? The plastic surgeon knew it was a fissure but I didn’t find this forum and wealth of knowledge until after the procedure. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
LisaRN

Topics: 1

Re: Sentinel Pile removal activated fissure

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 30 Apr 2018, 14:55

Hi Lisa, I’m not sure I understand. You say you had a fissure many years ago but just had skin tags removed recently that reactivated the fissure? What motivated you to have them removed? Were you in pain? Has an old fissure reopened?
Deleted User 7114

Postby LisaRN » 30 Apr 2018, 18:10

Hedgehog, it was strictly cosmetic. I had no idea what I was dealing with until after the fact after reading everything here. This was done by a plastic surgeon who does a lot of anal rejuvenation apparently. Quick procedure. Not much pain but he took off my fissure tag and it pissed it off. So my fissure is swollen like I remember it did many years ago. Where is looks like an exterior hemorrhoid from the outside for some reason. I guess I should have gotten an LIS with this but I just didn’t know. Before the procedure the surgeon says I see a fissure and it doesn’t look fully healed. With the soft stools and sitz bath I have you do it should heel. But I think I’m just forming a new tag is all.
LisaRN

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 03 May 2018, 03:10

How are you feeling now Lisa? Is it still under control?
Deleted User 7114

Postby LisaRN » 24 Oct 2019, 08:58

After healing it looks worse than where I started. The fissure comes and goes. He did it by cautery and then I went back and he used scalpel. Second time was better but worse than I started. Lesson learned. Don’t remove your tags or be prepared that it may look worse. Hi
LisaRN

Postby LisaRN » 24 Oct 2019, 08:58

After healing it looks worse than where I started. The fissure comes and goes. He did it by cautery and then I went back and he used scalpel. Second time was better but worse than I started. Lesson learned. Don’t remove your tags or be prepared that it may look worse.
LisaRN