Hemmie Banding/ligation

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hemmie Banding/ligation

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 08:58

Hello All,
I am looking for any success stories on Hemmroid banding?
Thanks
Melissa

Re: Hemmie Banding/ligation

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 09:34

I have had at least 15 bandings and it did help for awhile. It bought me some time while I was deciding whether or not to have surgery. My husband gets this done once a year and it seems to keep his at bay quite nicely. I know Jen has been very pleased with her experience. I am sure she'll be on later or you can do a search and read about her experience with it.

Postby Jen » 13 Jul 2008, 12:13

Melissa,
I have been very pleased with my banding expirience. I had 3 bandings done within the past 3 months. My hemmies are completly gone, which in return has reduced the stress on my anal canal and healed my fissure. I would recomend it to anyone. This procedure works well for folks with grade 2 hemmies, anything more than that, may require surgery.
Most people have no post op symptoms from the banding. However, I had some pain for about 2 days. I also had mucus and blood drainage for a month. The doctor looked at this several times due to my concerns and told me it was normal. Now, 3 months later, I am so happy and pain free.
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2008, 19:35

Thanks Jen. I do remember you telling me your positive experience with the Banding. As you said previously the creams DONT cure them they are apparently just a band aid and not a cure. My husband, Tim, is going to the Dr tomorrow after 4 weeks using the cream. Again it seemed to help a little but I think he is going to have the banding done now.
Thanks again.
Melissa

Postby happyass » 13 Jul 2008, 20:45

good luck melissa and tim........
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 13 Jul 2008, 22:04

Melissa -
He won't be sorry! It was so easy and quick! Good luck and let me know what happens!
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2008, 09:34

Hey Jen,
Well Tim had it done Monday and was in some pain that day but just sore now. He still has that fullness like he has to move his bowels is that normal? It is day 4. He had two tied and seems to be improving considerably.
Melissa

Postby Jen » 17 Jul 2008, 15:04

Melissa -
I am glad to hear Tim had it done. Although he is sore now, he won't regret it later on.
How many bands did they do? Do they have to do anymore? I had 3 bandings done total - 1 on one hemmie, and 2 on the other (some large hemmies have to be banded multiple times). They did them all 3 weeks apart. Did his doctor say he thought the hemmies were causing the fissures? I believe this was the case with me.
His symptoms seem right on with the banding. The docotrs say there is no pain involved, but I disagree. With all of mine, I had the fullness feeling for at least 24 hours. I was on the toilet alot - I kept thinking I had to have a BM. With another one, I was actually in some minor pain for a few days. I also had some blood and mucus in my stool for like a month. I guess it was the hemmies healing over. Really though - the whole thing was not a big deal! His band may still be in him - I think they can take anywhere from 3-7 days to fall out, hence the full feeling.
Good luck! He will feel better in no time! Let me know how it goes!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2008, 05:18

Hello to all,
First of all this is Tim, Melissas husband, and I want to thank you ALL for your incredible support and help. You are ALL terrific. I understand that eveything doesnt work for everyone but this sight is so very hopeful.
Secondly, yes I had two hemmies banded approx. 5 days ago. I had a colonoscopy in March and eveything was clear along with a clear abdominal ct scan. The CRS that I was going to said that the colonoscopy showed an anal fissure.
I did the baths the creams etc........Didnt seem to getting better so I asked him if it was the hemmies that were giving me so much pain. He said no it was the fissure. Well I needed and wanted a second opinion. Viola! Second Dr. says no fissure or evidence of a fissure. I assumed it healed because Im sure it was there during the colonoscopy right?
Well creams again! Seemed to take the edge off slightly but still pretty painful. Had two banded and so far so good! Not sure if he will do more or not. But yes to answer your question the hemmies caused the fissure Im sure of that!
Thanks
Tim

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2008, 06:41

hi tim (welcome) and melissa,
its wonderful that you are both a team in this.
keep up the good spirits and just hang in there.
congrats tim on your successful surgery. may you soon find comfort.
happy weekend,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74