Need some Sage Advice.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need some Sage Advice.

Postby erik » 31 Jul 2008, 20:32

Hi all,
Life is good, the sun is out, my wife has great food on the stove and my arse burns.
its seems to burn/sting alot lately, the fissure, which is and has been mostly healed has split abit, I think. hurts. no discharge, no blood, doesn't really even hurt when I go to the bathroom but then burns for hours after words. I put zinc oxide on it, seems to take the sting away a bit but then the cycle repeats. don't see overly tight down there, the thing is just there.
so you may ask, erik, what is the dilemma.
I am always scared to go to the dr. as I am in the military, like my job and start to worry (read freak out) will they find something ominous and kick me out.
my "priority pyramid" as I call it is this:
1. health
2. Family & Friends
3. Work
at least i try to keep it that way. I want to see a doc to see if I can get another CRS consult so a CRS can take a look and tell me why my fissure/anal papercut/ rectal terror seems to want to continue to burn like crazy. should i endure...thinking this pain could be my "new normal" or should i get things checked out, try to conquer this plight.
i set up an appointment for monday at 10am. 1/2 of me says go, 1/2 of me says just live with it.
torn in more ways than one.
thanks for any input.
means more to me than you know.
erik.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: Need some Sage Advice.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jul 2008, 20:47

I think if there is anyway you can see a doctor, especially a CRS, you should. You could at least get a firm diagnosis for possible treatment. If you have a nice long leave, why not use it if you did need surgery? It's a terrible you have to fear for your job.
Conservative treatments like nitro and the BP creams certainly shouldn't interfere with your job at all. Expect to hopefully lessen the pain.
If health is at the top of your pyramid, I would see the doc!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 21:15

You know what I would look for, Erik? Yeast. I had bad burning too just this last week and it turned out I had an overgrowth of yeast around the anus. I am using clomitrozole and it seems to be helping. The doctor can do a swab and look under the microscope and see.

Sorry you are hurting. But please don't suffer and get some help.

God Bless.

Postby juney » 01 Aug 2008, 07:40

erik - since you had LIS over a year ago and you're still having problems, i think you should talk to a CRS about another LIS. at least go and see one! you shouldn't have to lower your quality of life standards b/c you're afraid of something else they'll find. from what i've heard from you, you're an otherwise really healthy person. you need to get your butt fixed so you can go on living a happy and healthy life. none of us should have to endure this forever! i'm sure a new CRS can give you some advice/peace of mind/options.
i'm sorry you're still suffering :(
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby erik » 01 Aug 2008, 19:29

thanks everyone, I am going to go. Doc, my butt hurts....
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2008, 19:44

Maybe some gold bond powder would help. It could be jock itch irritating the area. I like Dr. Craig Brown in Denver. He has an office in Aurora and one off of Franklin downtown.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Aug 2008, 20:01

I think it's time to get some concrete information and a plan, Eric. You have been putting up with the monster way too long!
Good luck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 01 Aug 2008, 22:35

Erik -

Good idea! I think you need to see a CRS again. My butt is also priority #1 right now. I know what you mean about the military and getting kicked out - I was in for 8 years.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 05:23

Sorry you are suffering Erik...
Goodluck
x