Its Been Nearly A Year......

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Its Been Nearly A Year......

Postby gahgah604 » 18 Oct 2008, 15:41

happyass wrote:gahgah,
i wasn't not mocking you at all.....i am happiest when i do get diarrhea. it just comes out and no effort and when it's done, you feel just so light! and since it is liquidy, it doesn't stretch out your anus like a normal bowel movement would - it's just liquid. and when you have an active fissure, every time your anus is stretched for pushing out a formed or constipated mass, it is a biatch!
so, i hope you are not offended.....and yes, we have a wild sense of humor, which comes in super handy when you have to deal with pain on a daily basis.

no offense taken ! I was messing around too Image Diarrhea to me is the last thing you want when you have a fissure ! although I guess constipation is no fun either ! I wonder which is worse Image
If the barrier creams work, then it will answer my prayers Image I guess the barrier creams would work for both D and C !
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby happyass » 18 Oct 2008, 20:42

thanx gahgah...... i was worried there and feared that you had written off the board for good when we are only here to help one another out!
well the barrier creams should help but i wouldn't think it would help ease the pain of stretching that fissure when you have a big hard poop coming out!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 19 Oct 2008, 05:39

happyass wrote:......we have a wild sense of humor, which comes in super handy when you have to deal with pain on a daily basis Image

Humour is the key to mental survival Image
Cool poll, and it is only here we can have that kind of poll Image
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2008, 07:25

Hi guys, just an update to let you know how i am getting on, and thanks to all you lovely people and your comments, they are a huge help in these sore times.
I did visit my GP, who confirmed that I had 2 fissures plus a sentinel pile, a horrid pea shaped thing that pops out of my rear end at certain times when it wants tosay hello, and then pops back in again when it gets bored.
At times it can be very sore, but just looks like a normal skin coloured bump, my GP advises me that it is there to protect one of the fissures, so your advice on that was indeed right, thankyou.
Having had 3 x baths a day for the last month, watching my diet and being very careful, I am now back on the road to recovery, and feel heaps better. My GP suggested I use Preparation H externally and internally if i could so I purchased some of this from the chemist as it was cheaper that way than having a prescription for it.
Preparation H Clear Gel contains the gentle and cooling Hamamelis Water (witch hazel) which is 100% natural.
Witch hazel is an astringent that can tighten and harden tissues. It is proven for its ability to relieve itchy or irritated skin and to shrink swollen skin tissues. It also has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
For more details look on http://www.preparationh.co.uk/products/products.htm
I know some of you had stated that it was not wise to use witch hazel on a fissure, and as I applied it I wondered if it would make it worse, and yes, it stang like buggery for the first few days, although I stuck with it and after a few days the soreness and swelling had gone down, and the dreaded 'healing itch' returned, which is a good sign for any fissure sufferer.
Looks like I am going to have a pain free christmas if this continues, and would suggest that you try Preparation H if everything else has failed.
Take care everybody
xxx

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Nov 2008, 07:31

Hi,
I know several people suggest against witch hazel, but you cannot argue with your results! Truthfully, those daily baths have not hurt, either! That's fantastic you may have pain-free holidays, that would indeed be a gift! Make sure you keep up your daily regimen and hold onto a little realism, as fissures have a really nasty way of returning from the grave after we've supposedly buried them, which can be quite despairing.
But it's so wonderful to get to the healing-itch stage! Congratulations!!! Image
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 13 Nov 2008, 08:15

Kim,
You are making me dizzy with you avatar! I preferred the peaceful lake scene!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2008, 08:26

That is fabulous news. Glad you feel better now!
Have a great holiday season!

Postby Jo » 13 Nov 2008, 09:05

Kim,
I am getting veryyyyy dizzzzyyyyy.
I think I'll get dressed up and go to Walmart :D
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Nov 2008, 10:44

I have been shopping at the Dollar store since I can't find my suit and tie to go to Wal-mart, Jo! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2008, 11:40

You two are cracking me up! I was wondering why I got all these dirty looks when I showed at Wal-mart in my sweats. Didnt realize there was a fancy dress code. Image