Its Been Nearly A Year......

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Its Been Nearly A Year......

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 07:23

Big hello to everybody, who helped me through my first fissure almost a year ago. I have been reading your forum still all of this time, and have a lot of sympathy for some of the newbies, nobody knows what its like to have a fissure until you get one.
If you remember (if not check my previous posts), I managed to cure my fissure by using canesten athletes foot cream, and although it worked tremendously well the first time around, its BACK!!!
I was very ill for about 4 weeks, at first my GP thought I had appendicitis, had all the symptoms etc, but after various blood tests etc it turned out to be a bacterial bowel infection.
Four weeks of diarrheaoh (never could spell that word lol ), brought about a return of my fissure that had been dormant for about 9 months,
and this time it is much much worse. I am back to as many hot baths as I can fit into a day, the usual fissure diet, and now re-applying the canesten cream. This time it burns initially when i use it, but that doenst last for long and it takes away the stinging and pain for a few hours, allowing me to live a fairly normal daily life.
The symptoms this time are much much worse tho, the stinging and burning is a lot sharper, the pain is more severe, there are a hundred little men chopping away with razor blade axes inside my rear end and sometimes a swollen lump pops out of my bottom after a BM, which is very sore to the touch, if i soak in the bath and then lay down for a while afterwards it pops back in.
It doesnt look like anything nasty except a lump of normal coloured skin, pea sized, and pops out every morning to say hello (joy), i can only assume that the fissure is above this lump, has anyone else has this ? And does it go away ? lol
To top it all now, I have the horrible UK flu, and the coughin and sneezin isnt helping matters at all, i have developed an awful habit of holding onto my bottom everytime i sneeze or cough because it hurts......
Due to go to my GP on Monday, will keep in touch.
Take care lovely people xxxxxxxx

Re: Its Been Nearly A Year......

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 07:59

Welcome back Stinger...I guess a welcome back here isn't always a good thing! Sorry to hear of your flu --is the UK flu a real bug or a nickname?
Wow, sounds like your fissure has come back with a vengeance!I am glad you are going top your GP soon! It sounds like you may also have a skin tag, though I am not sure since I never had one! That will surely irritate things worse and make keeping the anal area clean more difficult. A skin tag can eventually absolve itself back into the surrounding tissues.
I would *not* depend on the foot cream, Stinger, to heal your fissure. there is nothing but anecdotal evidence that it works. I would try to get a prescription for anoheal (diltiazem here in the states) and begin using that -- at the very least. Your GP should be able to write a prescription for that.
If you continue to have horrible pain, a trip to a CRS is definitely in order! There is no need to suffer day in and day out. Fissures can recur, especially if we aren't careful with diet and things. And too often, GPs just don't know how to get a grip on treating an anal fissure! i have seen it too many times in the past, and it was the case with me!
Good luck with the flu and the fissure and welcome back! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 08:15

I had the same thing happen to me over the summer. They thought it was appendicitis but turned out to be a GI bug that I am just now getting rid of. It really messed up my bowels and made my stool sting a lot.
Are you taking probiotics to help balance out the bacteria in your gut? I ended up needing antiobiotics to kill off the bad bacteria since I had no good bacteria and started on high dose of probiotics when I got done.
Sorry to hear of your pain and discomfort. You can get a yeast infection around the anus which can make the pain worse for which Caneesten can be good for but you might want to try getting the anoheal too.
I had a sentinel pile/skin tag with my fissure which is probably what you have. It should decrease as the fissure starts to heal though they can be pretty persistent.
Take Care!

Postby gahgah604 » 16 Oct 2008, 14:28

sorry to hear about your fissure returning ! get the anoheal ! DId you use anything to help protect the anal area while you were having the diarrhea stinger ?
now maybe some of you understand my fear of diarrhea !
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 14:36

Hi Stinger !
I am sorry to hear you are back after feeling healed for so long Image
Such a nightmare when we think fissure is a distant memory !
I do wonder if you licckle lump is an internal hemmorioid ? I know these can protrude from the anus during bms and can be pushed back inside, they can be painful to touch like you describe, skin tags are not usually painful to touch but if fissure is active the whole area will be painful, every case is different !
Goodluck for your appointment , the anoheal is a very effective cream with least side effects, your GP can prescribe it for you , it really does help, maybe use some vaseline before/ after bms to help with that stingy feeling, some probitoics too will help balance your tummy after the bug
Goodluck !
Last edited by Guest on 16 Oct 2008, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 14:37

I got my fissure from diarrhea, suffered 8 months in horrendous pain and had to have a very expensive and risky surgery to get my life back. Still, speaking only for myself, I have no more fear of diarrhea today than I did then. If it happens, and I get another fissure, I will deal with it.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 14:42

Same Kim !
I worry more about consipation :roll:
G - Did you look into Psyllium??? Do you think it can help you ?

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 14:51

Bad for you Stinger, hope you get help soon :)
I agree Tabby, constipation and formed pooh is Image
Bloody Mary
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby gahgah604 » 17 Oct 2008, 06:31

Kim wrote:I got my fissure from diarrhea, suffered 8 months in horrendous pain and had to have a very expensive and risky surgery to get my life back. Still, speaking only for myself, I have no more fear of diarrhea today than I did then. If it happens, and I get another fissure, I will deal with it.

I wish I had your bravery ! Image Lets hope the barrier stuff works for us if we get dreaded diarrhea !
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby happyass » 17 Oct 2008, 09:19

yeah, diarrhea's got my vote....i would rather have that than formed or constipated poos.....
i think i should make " i (heart) diarrhea" bumper stickers or tatoos for our board Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74