How many movements in one BM sitting

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How many movements in one BM sitting

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008, 10:30

Okay, some of you might think I am overthinking this but I have been having trouble feeling like I am "done" on the potty. I used to sit down, have one movement and then a minute later the next movement would come. But now I am only down to one movement and I feel so backed up. I started taking a prune before bed and a swig of prune juice when I get up to help with peristalsis but didn't help today. When this happens I tend to have to go again the same day and this makes my bottom hurt worse so I would like to be able to have one bm a day and get it all out. I might try the squattin technique tomorrow and see if that helps.
Just wondering what it is like for you? How do you know if you are getting enough out? :oops:

Re: How many movements in one BM sitting

Postby Jen » 21 Dec 2008, 10:48

Your not alone Lecia. I feel this way too. I really don't have a good answer. Sometimes I anly go once. If I go more than that, the urge to go usually comes maybe 30 minutes after my first BM. It does not bother me that much. The second BM is usually much softer than my first and my anxiety is usually down. I figure, if my first BM came out fine, the second, softer one for surely will be ok.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008, 11:37

Thanks-that is kind of how it has been with me. The more bms I have the more nerve pain I have so if I can just go once and wipe once it works better.
I got on the pill this month and then quit after a week because the estrogen was swelling my anal tissue and causing terrible nerve pain so I quite abruptly and my bms have been messed up ever since. I hope I get back on track soon. I wonder if it is hormonal too.

Postby Jen » 21 Dec 2008, 14:23

Lecia - What kind of pill did you go on? I got off the pill in August (same time I had LIS) and I am wondering if maybe that and me having LIS is contributing to me getting better. I was on ortho tri cyclin.
Do you have nerve pain in other places besides the prudential nerve?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008, 14:28

I was on Loestrin. It is the lowest dose of estrogen but I still noticed some swelling from it. That is very interesting isn't it? So you think getting off the pill has made a difference?

No my pain is all in my anus and vulva and outer vagina. Yeah, lucky me!

Postby Jen » 21 Dec 2008, 14:31

Lecia - I think I was on the Loestrin while I was breastfeeding. I am not sure if getting off the pill helped or not because I had LIS the same time. I am never going back on it again. After our next baby, I am going to make my hubby get fixed. It is the least he can do after everything I have been through.
Did your nerve pain start right after the birth of your youngest girl?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 21 Dec 2008, 14:39

My hubby got a vasectomy too. It was very easy. He only had one day where he felt bad. The doctor thought getting on the pill might help me with my periods because they are so debilitating but I don't think I will try that again.

Yes, the nerve pain started after #2 was born. And she has been ornery since! Image

Postby Corsi » 21 Dec 2008, 15:29

I can relate to what both of you write, it's best to have only one BM. The more BMs, the more pain, discomfort and irritation down south. Like you Jen, I think the second BM is OK - it's the first one I dread.
Once a day is the way to go for us fissurepeople Image
Corsica
Last edited by Anonymous on 23 Dec 2008, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby juney » 21 Dec 2008, 19:26

i have a problem with not getting it all out at once too. i HATE having to go a 2nd time, usually later in the afternoon by the time most of the pain is dying down. as soon as i go again it starts right back up. i don't know what the solution is. i try messing around with my fiber supplements so i only go once, but that doesn't really seem to control it. i just try to eat less during the day to avoid that 2nd trip. sigh.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2008, 06:55

Hi Lecia
Do do sound like you may be a little bunged up Image Maybe the effects of the pill still lingering !
Once a day would be just perfect !
Poop and Go :flush:

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion