one year pos-LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

one year pos-LIS

Postby buttgirl » 12 Mar 2009, 22:55

Hi Everyone,
I can hardly believe it's been a year tomorrow since the LIS. Looking back, I realize that part of my fear, indeed, a great part of my fear while suffering from my fissure stemmed from the pain and the trepidation that I would never get better.
Well, I am. I have to admit, that I am still not 100%, but i am darn close. the fissure area has not retorn (KOW). It healed and took about 7 mos, some metronidazole and lots of magnesium to do so, but I did heal. the only thing I suffer from now is scar tissue irritation. That is transitory and minor, though, so much so that I am not afraid to poop outside of my own bathroom. I still do carry wies with me though.
I also still eat healthy and take fiber supplements, specifically benefiber, and especially when i have meals that are heavy in milk or meat products. I have been having a bit of a problem gaining weight back, more because I am MUCH more aware of how my body processes the food I eat. There is only so much that goes through in one day, so I try not to eat more than I can process. It keeps my weight steady and my bm consistent.
Anyway, just wanted to update you all. I know I have not been around much, but I think of you often. I am feeling alive again...like I have a life again. It took 3 years, but it does happen.
Image all for being there when I most needed you. You guys are the best. Image Image
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: one year pos-LIS

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Mar 2009, 00:06

Knock knock - who is there ??? LOL
I was thinking about you today , wanted to send some "funnies" but than thought - hey, maybe "butty-girl" wants to stay "in hiding" ; )) ! I am sooo happy to hear that you are almost 100% Image Image Image , that is just fantastic !!!
Want some quick weight gain ???_ take one progesterone shot and than continue with birth-control pills and "plumpness" will start sticking in the back AND front in no time Image and you will need to invest in the new Victoria Secret bras, but hey - nice to show off Image
It was really nice to hear from you and I hope that in a month or two you will be 101% Image !!!
XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 13 Mar 2009, 10:12

i'm so glad you're doing well!! it'll be 3 years for me this july and i've got my fingers crossed that one day i'll heal too. you're a good example of long-time suffering and eventually relief! :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2009, 11:27

Kicking ass Buttgirl ! Image
Your story is true inspiration and I love to read your updates !

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Mar 2009, 12:21

Wow, has it really been a year? It is so wonderful you remember us and came back to give us an update, beyond providing inspiration for others in the future...we certainly miss you around here!
Isn't it great to have a real life again? :paddysmiley2:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2009, 17:50

How wonderful to hear from you and to hear that you are doing so much better. It is an inspiration and a reminder that healing takes time but it will come. Can you believe the day has come where you don't have to think about your butt all day? You'll have to get a new moniker!
Take care and keep in touch! Image

Postby Jen » 13 Mar 2009, 23:08

Hi BG!
It is so nice to hear from you! I am so happy that you are enjoying life again. You are a true tale of healing! I am also about 90% healed. I think we may have the same issues with scar tissue (I saw your reply to my scar tissue thread). How often does yours act up? Can you describe the feeling? Have you asked your doctor about it? I thought about making an appointment for it, but at this point, I doubt there is anything they can do...Just need more time to heal.
I am so happy your feeling great! Don't be a stranger!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 17 Mar 2009, 02:29

Image Image Image great news Christie, I'm really, really happy that you've healed. And you've proved there's hope for all of us!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 17 Mar 2009, 20:12

Thanks everyone. I miss you all.
Jen, the scar tissue feels a bit like the fissure. it feels raw and burny, but at the same time, it doesn't feel tender like an open wound. It feels more like a burn than a cut, and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad.
Val, I still owe you a letter. I haven't forgotten; I just have no time.
Lecia, Fiss and Kim, it's good to see that you two are still around. I dont' know what I would have done with out you.
Juney and Tabby, you'll get here soon. It just takes a while sometimes.
Take care everyone. Image
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2009, 15:52

"Lecia, Fiss and Kim, it's good to see that you two are still around. "
LOL
I wonder which two of us fused together Image - sorry Kim, nothing personal , but it would be inappropriate for us married gals to fuse with you ahahahaha, so I guess baby-Lecia and me became Siamese twins - connected with our butts , to be more precise ha ha haaaaa, double the fun for the CRS's Image
Sorry BG honey - Fissy is little bit nutty lately , too many things going on here Image - just could not resist to tease you a little Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61