Hello...some advice please :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello...some advice please :)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jul 2009, 16:38

Well, I know we have a few boardies here who had good results with their NHS LIS! A couple of the UK boardies had other complications, but not as a result of the surgery. Maybe you'll get to hear from them soon!
Just a little cereal milk is not much dairy in my book! Too much fib(e)r(e) can definitely be a problem! You probably only need around 25-30 grams a day..depending on your size.
After four years, who would not be fed up? I say, you are a patient man having lasting this long!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 28 Jul 2009, 19:11

I agree with Kim, Roy, if you have put up with your fissure for 4 years. What is your age??
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 01:49

Hi Cherylk
I'm 31

Postby Corsi » 29 Jul 2009, 02:32

Welcome Roy :)
I would spread my fibre intake throughout the day. Fibre is good, but be careful - too much can cause problems.
Avocado is good, fruit, cooked vegetables, etc.
Stay away from dairy products, cheese, etc.
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 03:54

Hey Roy !
I am from the UK too and familiar with NHS and its waiting times..
Tough call Roy ! Image
Private surgery will be very expensive, maybe you can afford it !
There is also an option that you could see consultant private and if he agrees surgery is the way forward he can fast track you onto the NHS waiting list which cuts down the waiting time a little, Find a good CRS! Someone who is sympathetic to your needs ..
So sorry to hear about the relationship break up that is enough to turn ones tummy upside down Image
You have suffered so long Roy ! Time to get control of your butt I think !
I think movicol stool softener and acidophillis supplement for IBS will help you immensley!
Like Corsi said stay away from dairy too, lots of water with the RDA fibre and stick with the weetabix :D I eat mine with hot water Image
Goodluck Roy !

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2009, 08:52

Just wondering what everyone regards as the best stool softener.
I've never really had a problem with constipation so don't need a laxative
Thank you :)

Postby Buck » 29 Jul 2009, 10:44

Hey Roy-
I tried quite a few and Milk of Mag works like a charm, but can really upset your stomach until you find the right dosage for your system. I use Mirilax and it is mild and does the trick, but pricey. I opted to spend the money, however, because I had inconsistant results with MOM and a couple times had the runs all day (sorry for the straight forwardness). I also have IBS (self diagnosed, anyway) and Mirilax seems to be gentle on the tummy.
I'm not sure about others, but I've found Fiber suppliments to act much different in my body than fiber from foods. I eat very healthy with lots of all-grain foods and fiber, but the result is different than a "fiber bomb" (e.g., metamucil, psyllium, etc.).
The creams never worked for me (Nitro, Diltazium) so I had a surgery..... not LIS but a Fissurectomy and a Hemmoroidectomy. The surgery hurt like hell and it hasn't been fun (I'm at almost three months) but I don't have spasms anymore, so i guess it was worth it. I still hurt, but in a different way which is better than the fissure blues. Good luck!!
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2009, 04:32

Ok...booked a private appointment!
This has ruled my life for too long
Fingers crossed the operation goes well
Thanks for all the support

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jul 2009, 05:59

Well, let us know what you hear about the possible surgery, Roy! Let's see that four-year misery end once and for all!
Deleted User 5

Postby Buck » 30 Jul 2009, 06:20

Good luck, Roy! Let us know how it goes.
Buck
Buck
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3