Hello...some advice please :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello...some advice please :)

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2009, 13:33

Ok!
Just back from my private consultation...and it was not what I was expecting. I'm a little confused.
5 weeks ago I was diagnosed by the NHS with a fissure and was also told I had a sentinal tag. I was given Diltiazem which I've been taking since then.
The Private consultant just told me I that my fissure has healed. He said that the Diltiazem must have done the job. HOWEVER! He said I had two haemorroids an Anal Wart and a yeast infection. But NO sentinal tag. Great I said. More things to read up about.
He has recommended I have the wart removed by surgery and said I should only be in discomfort for 24 hrs.
On the one hand I would be very happy if my fissure has actually gone but on the other I have no idea how I still have 2 haemmoroids if my fissure has managed to clear up. Also I know nothing about warts and don't know how I got it.
At the moment I'm wondering if I had the wart when I went for the NHS consultation and got misdiagnosed or whether the private consultant has made a mistake.
I'm dissapointed as I had become determined to have the LIS in the hope that all problems would be gone once and for all.
Please advise...I'm confused
THANK YOU!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 14:12

Oh, I wish I could advise, Roy. Really. But I am clueless. I personally only had hemmy's during the time I had my fissure, and they went away after LIS. And I know nothing about the warts.
It MAY be possible the hemmy's are associated with the warts, and they may clear up over time after the surgery. If they recommend the wart me removed, I think I would seriously consider that.
On the other hand, if your fissure really has healed on its on, that is FANTASTIC news!! And if you are only in discomfort for 24 hrs after the wart removal, that is a big plus!
Can you call their office and ask them these questions, or get a second opinion?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2009, 15:00

Thanks Kim
Gonna book an appointment to see my GP asap.
Hopefully someone else on here can help?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 15:09

Good luck with the GP appt, Roy.
Yes, maybe someone else will come along with some actual knowledge and real advice for you Roy!
Deleted User 5