PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL!

Postby Peachy724 » 10 Sep 2009, 09:51

I have just had a look after the fissurectomy and botox and even let my mum have a look i got that scared but there is a huge red lump about the size of a marble hanging out that wasnt there last night, my mum is a nurse who works with old folks and has seen plenty piles in her time and she says its not a pile but thinks its just swelling, please tell me thats all it is and it does happen, PLEASE i am so scared and i feel like i will never have a physical relationship with my husband again :( :(
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL!

Postby sidra1968 » 10 Sep 2009, 10:10

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about that yet..probably just a swelling reaction to everything. Just be aware and keep an eye on everything, your body will let you know when something's getting worse, etc.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Sep 2009, 12:37

i agree with Sidra, it is probably just due to the surgical trauma. Keep an eye on it and rest!!!
Weird things can happen right after surgery that can scare you but which are often quite benign. When the drainage tube was removed after my appendectomy, I had a huge blood build-up in my private area and it totally freaked me out and I raced to the ER, where they calmly told me to relax and sent me home...
Like Sidra said, just remain aware!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2009, 13:36

Dont freak Peachy !
I had the very same thing after botox ! I think possible swelling at the injection site !
Expect a rainbow of colors from now !
And ! You will get better Image All round Image

Postby Peachy724 » 11 Sep 2009, 11:27

Tabby how much pain were you in? since i had it (Wed evening) it has been unbearable, i cant walk properly, iv taken 500mg tramadol today and i think iv taken 16mg Valium and a few paracetamol and still so sore. Iam also unable to empty my bladder propely and this afternoon couldnt pee at all, in the end i had to force it out by pushing and well we all knw the pain that causes. This is all so bad i cant cope with it, whn will the swelling go down and the pain stop??? Image
Forgot to add twice when i farted (passed wind), thankfully on the lav (a new word for NG :)
a little tiny bit of you know wht came out, is this temporary? again please tell me it is. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Over and oot
Jackiexxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2009, 14:37

Hey J !
I am sorry you are in pain like this :(
I do remember i had pain for a good few days and that was just botox ! I took valuim, ibuprofen and paracetamol and that did take the egde off, You have also had fissurectomy and from what I have learnt here they can be sore as hell so I think you are doubly sore Image
Just be vigilant in other changes anything like smelly discharge, feeling very unwell – infection ! You mention a problem with peeing, I think if you are still like this in the morning maybe phone your GP for advice, OK !
AND the oopsy daisy accident ! That is OK, it means the botox has kicked in and you’re your internal muscle is now paralysed, it is a good thing Jackie and it doesn’t not last so do not worry ! I will say again make sure the area is clean as you have an open wound so common sense right !
I really hope you find relief soon Image

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 11 Sep 2009, 15:21

Peachy724 wrote:Tabby how much pain were you in? since i had it (Wed evening) it has been unbearable, i cant walk properly, iv taken 500mg tramadol today and i think iv taken 16mg Valium and a few paracetamol and still so sore. Iam also unable to empty my bladder propely and this afternoon couldnt pee at all, in the end i had to force it out by pushing and well we all knw the pain that causes. This is all so bad i cant cope with it, whn will the swelling go down and the pain stop??? Image
Forgot to add twice when i farted (passed wind), thankfully on the lav (a new word for NG :)
a little tiny bit of you know wht came out, is this temporary? again please tell me it is. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Over and oot
Jackiexxxxxxxx

Hey that word I actually know, I worked in Europe for a few months and frequently heard both lav and loo used to refer to the "WC" :) I like the fact that in Europe you just ask where the toilet is, it makes more intrinsic sense to me than asking for the restroom like we do here in the States!
I can't speak to the other issues -- sorry -- but I think the little bit of poop coming out with passing wind is okay, I got a little bit of that when I first started using nitro and nifedipine. I agree with Tabby, it sounds like the botox is temporarily paralyzing the sphincter like it should, which decreases your ability to #1 determine whether what's in there is just gas or stool and #2 makes it harder for you to control the passage of whatever it happens to be.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Peachy724 » 12 Sep 2009, 04:42

Thanks Tabby, the peeing thing is still going on and I'm away to phone Nhs24. I waS in so much pAin in the night and it like whaat should be inside is hanging outside, it's so bloody embarassing . And as for keepingit clean I don't even bother with bog roll ( thTs for u NG) I shower myself clean then smear the lidocaine on, surgeon said to keep using the nitro and diltiazem but I've got more chance of winning the lottery than getting any cream up there . I ll let you know what NHS 24 say but prob notmuch, they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Bunch of numpties from my experience
Over and oot
jackie
Xxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Sep 2009, 07:25

...Bunch of numpties from my experience

I had some trouble peeing after LIS, and now you have me wondering if my problems weren't due to my newly cut spincter. I noticed that even though my bladder felt full, if it was morning and BM time I had to BM first before I could pee. This went on for three or four days as it gradually got better. I wonder if you aren't having a similar reactions, if so Jackie, there's hope. It may well be just a matter of your working your way through these first few days in the aftermath of the surgical trauma.
And don't fret too much about the creams, while it may take a bit longer, the body should absorb enough to be effective simply by your applying it on the outside.
Here's hoping today is better and you get some information!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Peachy724 » 12 Sep 2009, 10:04

Hey Tabby i finally gor a proper pee on the toilet there after 9 hours, man i hope it continues. ( I had this problem in hospital hen the nurses followed me after i had eaten to make sure i wasnt vomiting and it stems from there me thinks as it carried on long after discharge )
Well phoned NHS and was sent to Wallacetown, out of hours surgery and they were so nice, what i had was a flippin thrombosed hemaroid and that was the huge lump, oh my god he tried to push it back in and i was intears literaly pullig my hair and he only got half in but he said to keep doing it and is words were 'this is the beginning of the end'. but my anus seems so loose now, will this tighen up agaain and i keep having the little escapes, will this stop.
Oh and have fallen out with hubby (cant say why here butput it this way, me or Jazmin is not his top prioraties, im telling you if he carries on not helping meand being so selfish then im leaving , i mean it. Image
Anyway the painhas subsided, im now on diclafenic aswell so fingers crossed xxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist