Even Professional Baseball Players get Fissures!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Even Professional Baseball Players get Fissures!

Postby gr8ness » 16 Sep 2009, 14:03

Here is the Link
I found this very interesting. Kaz Matsui of the Houston Astros had surgery for a fissure and missed 2 weeks of play. I found this very interesting and cool that he admitted exactly what was wrong with him.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Even Professional Baseball Players get Fissures!

Postby cherylk » 16 Sep 2009, 15:14

Yes, three cheers for this person and his willingness to speak openly about such a problem!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 16 Sep 2009, 15:44

Ya I saw the news around these forums before.It's amazing how he was playing ball 5 days after LIS.You would figure he would have some lingering pain and would still need heal the fissure it's self.But then again he is probably rich enough to get the LIS and have laser to shut the bad boy closed.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 16 Sep 2009, 20:37

Haha I saw this a while ago, and the funny part is some guy actually wrote a big article about how MLB clubhouses should serve less protein and more fiber to avoid things like this happening again. The guy went on and on about how all they feed players is meat and don't bother with fruits and veggies.
But yeah, money can solve problems is the frank truth of the matter IMO. I'm guessing most of us here are middle class-ish. But if we were loaded with cash we could pay for medical screenings all the time and catch diseases early. Once caught, we could throw as many doctors and treatments at it as necessary until it's healed, instead of seeing doctors for a brief 15-20 minutes before the doctor has to take off because he has another patient to see. You see pro athletes get injured in all kinds of ways all the time and before you know it, they're back on the field or court. IMO that's not due to medicine, it's due to money. The treatments are out there, but most of us aren't monetary assets like pro athletes are and therefore aren't worth spending a boatload of money on to cure. Sad but true. I'm also feeling a little bitter today so please pardon any cynicism :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby gr8ness » 17 Sep 2009, 07:22

Sorry I guess this is old news. I just noticed it myself. Yeah these guys have millions of dollars to throw around it must be nice to have the top care, etc. I actually have played an entire softball season with the fissure...it was always there hurting me but I wanted to play anyways just to spite it and I love playing sports so I didn't want this to control me. Plus at least you get breaks that you can stand still playing softball/baseball. If it was football or basketball that would be a major nightmare!
Of course, in retrospect I probably made the thing worse by doing that. But surgery is on the way...time to send this fissure mofo back into the abyss!
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby suzyljank » 17 Sep 2009, 08:55

Too bad more celebrities don't come out and speak about this problem. It would help people who are too embarrassed to go to a doctor for help. I applaud him for letting his story be told.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic