Fissure safe milk

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Fissure safe milk

Postby suzyljank » 03 Oct 2009, 20:20

Try Kelloggs All Bran Rolled Fiber Wafers. They are like a rolled cookie and come in chocolate (my favorite) and strawberry and 3 wafers have 10 grams of fiber. They're so good you have to keep reminding yourself that 3 is enough. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby afugh!! » 03 Oct 2009, 20:35

Dammit Suzy chocolate is my weakness Image .Ya I've seen some Kellog brand fiber products,won't go to Costco for another couple of weeks but I'll check them out.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 18 Oct 2009, 20:32

I used to be a milkaholic, but now i've switched to vanilla flavored silk, its pretty good, even in cereal
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby afugh!! » 19 Oct 2009, 02:19

I'll give that a shot,I got a box of Fiber One cereals that are going stale.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 24 Oct 2009, 22:14

hey afugh...
yes silk is a great alternative for those who like their 2% or whole milk as it is almost as creamy as regular milk.
i prefer skim milk and so switching over to rice milk and there are different brands of soy milk that are nicely thinner, which is my preference.
what i was told one day by a macro counselor, is that cereal with cold milk or any beverage (be it soy milk or rice milk cold), has a very negative effect on the digestive system.
1. we are eating first thing the morning hard, dry cereal.
2. we are accompanying it with cold liquids - if milk, dairy is not a good thing.
because of the temperature and the roughness of the cereal, it will be "rough" on our systems.
if you want an alternative, perhaps you can make some oatmeal and while cooking that, you can add some Fiber One flakes in there to soften them up.
in the oatmeal, you can add your skim milk or better yet, some soy or rice milk or just keep it to water - although adding the skim milk/soy/rice milk will help add in vitamins and other minerals.
with the oatmeal and beverages being hot and soft, this will be a more welcome addition to your body and digestion in the morning.
one of the macrobiotic principles will lead to having warm/hot items for breakfast - vegetable and miso soups and grains with hot healing teas.
try it over a week and see if you have better luck with your digestion, which in turn, will help what comes out from your bum.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 24 Oct 2009, 23:37

I heartily agree with you happyass, for the past few months I have been eating high fiber cold cereal in the morning and then I switched to hot oatmeal and saw an instant difference in the softness in my BM
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby fissure101 » 28 Oct 2009, 21:59

I do not drink milk but I drink some Kefir. It is a sort of yogurt smoothie and has some fiber in it. It may be a good alternative of milk and you should be able to try it with cereal.
http://www.lifeway.net/Products/Kefir/LowFatKefir.aspx
You can find these at Kroger.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby cherylk » 29 Oct 2009, 01:28

I think hot oatmeal is much preferable to any cold cereal, no matter how high fiber it is (less additives also). I ate Fiber One cereal for several years and now eat oatmeal every day. Thanks for the link on Kefir. I have not b/4 heard of that!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 03 Nov 2009, 00:07

Eh I was going to give the vanilla silk a try but i checked my Fiber One cereal and it's kind of stale already.Not much of a breakfast person since I wake up close to lunch time everyday but the Fiber One pastries hold me down when I wake up earlier than usual.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 03 Nov 2009, 01:37

Maybe you could try some yogurt--plain or in a smoothie. That is going to be my next experiment (smoothie).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46