Generic Miralax

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Generic Miralax

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Oct 2009, 10:57

Just did it..that's my best friend and I in front of the Pyramids at Giza right before our camel ride past the ancient wonders..I call it our triumphant "Thelma and Louise" picture.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 13 Oct 2009, 16:25

Awesome pic! Egypt (and also Dubai) was on my list of next 5 places I want to visit. I still drink tequila once in a blue moon, but yeah only the expensive stuff (yes I'm a princess like that) for me these days. No more plastic bottle stuff or mezcal, that's for sure :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Oct 2009, 17:02

Thanks NG..I'll try to change it often to show more of the trip.
Off to run a few last minute errands and turn in my NFL picks (local pool)..I'm doing terrible this year, the worst I've ever done in 10 years! The parity in football these days sure makes for great games usually, but man, it is harder to pick the winners week in and week out!
And, oh, yeah, definitely no plastic bottle tequila or mezcal here either..I almost can't believe all that stuff didn't use to bother me at all!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 13 Oct 2009, 17:17

Wow, what a cool pic, Sidra.
My friend, her sister, and I are headed to Cozumel, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands via Fort Lauderdale. Our fourth cruiser dropped off because her husband was diagnosed with lung cancer after we booked our cruise. The husband is also the brother of my friend and her sis, so I have been trying hard to not get excited in case we have to cancel. Is your fissure OK (for traveling)? Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Oct 2009, 17:42

Yeah, my fissure is fine, basically..just a little irritation at the incision site if I have a lot of bm's and just itching really.
I LOVE Cozumel..and the Cayman's..are you going to swim with/feed the Manta rays?
Hope your friend still goes..
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 13 Oct 2009, 17:47

Sidra,
I've been to both places in 1997 with my husband via our first cruise. But we are going to take different shore excursions this time. Also looks like we might have rain, but at least I won't have to worry about the sun. Image My husband and I went in a glass bottom boat to see the rays. I don't plan to swim or feed any this time although we saw them fed the last time we went. We are going on a tour of Cozumel (4 hours) and a one hour trip in the Caymans. I have already seen "Hell" and the turtle farm and didn't want to visit those 2 places again. My friend and I also cruised to Alaska via Vancouver in 1999, which she loved. Since my husband doesn't want to cruise, I don't feel that I can be choosy on my destinations if I don't want to go by myself!! My challenge will be to get enough fiber rich foods on the ship!! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Postby sidra1968 » 13 Oct 2009, 17:51

Sounds fun. I'm very envious of the Alaska cruise, that's big on my bucket list!
Yes, try not to over indulge and have a great time.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 13 Oct 2009, 19:37

Sidra,
I didn't like Alaska, but many people do and continue to cruise there. Have a good trip!
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 14 Oct 2009, 18:39

Sidra (et. al.),
I saw this generic Miralax at CVS today and may give it a go after I return from my trip. Thanks for the tip! Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby busymom » 15 Oct 2009, 09:33

I know this has been discussed, but I don't have time to check back old threads - what's the typical daily Miralax dose that you take? I may switch over to that.
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8