It's been just over one month since my LIS!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

It's been just over one month since my LIS!

Postby busymom » 11 Dec 2009, 21:37

And I can honestly say...it's been the best thing ever for me! The right doctor makes all the difference! I would tell anyone suffering from this to search for the best doctor - one who listens, is confident of their ability as well as your ability to heal, and knows their stuff.
I went to my appointment last week and he said everything looks good. I have zero pain, zero bleeding, zero incontinence problems. Now, I do know that there is some sort of anal stenosis or stricture that caused it, so yes, it may come back in the future. BUT - I feel like if it does, I can be super aggressive at getting it to heal.
Anyway, I just feel like telling anyone with this problem that LIS gave me my life back! So I'm optimistic that the pain-free BMs will last a LOOOOOONG time. :D
I'm off ibuprofen and am taking (2) 100mg docusate sodium pills each night at bedtime. I drink 2 glasses of benefiber during the day, lots of water, and *try* to eat right. (That's the hard part right now! Those darn holiday treats!) I haven't had to take any Miralax for weeks, so things are moving the way they should be. I think the water, some fiber - not too much, and the docusate sodium is the key for me. It's funny how everyone's systems work so differently ~ trial and error for what to take, how much of it, and when!
So...that's the story! I've been on here just since August, but I feel like I learned so much and that if anything comes up, I can turn to you guys for help and support.
Love, Anna
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: It's been just over one month since my LIS!

Postby cherylk » 12 Dec 2009, 09:35

Anna,
Happy for you! Image
Now you can be a resource to others who are suffering!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: It's been just over one month since my LIS!

Postby juney » 12 Dec 2009, 16:45

you're lucky it worked so quickly! congratulations
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36