Applying nitro rectally

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Applying nitro rectally

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Jan 2010, 23:54

William - I just remembered ! Would you be willing to try drinking old-fashioned stool softener called Condrumel (sp.?). It is actually a mineral oil and you take it by mouth. It "lubricates" poop also - actually if you take too much you might find oil floating in the toilet LMAO !!!! I used that stuff !!!! The only thing is - do not take it with Colace (Docusate Sodium) Image THEY CAN NOT BE TAKEN TOGETHER !!!!!
I was also never able to push any suppository inside of my anus or would even dream of doing that with fissure in place Image . My sphincter was so tightly clenched that even baby size glycerin suppository could not go in :( .
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby afugh!! » 15 Jan 2010, 04:26

Have you tried laying down and placing a couple of pillows on your lower back to raise your butt and spreading your legs to apply it?That position helps open up your sphincter more.I doubt nitro is a good lube since its absorbed fairly well and putting it in too deep may irritate your rectum.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Jan 2010, 17:58

I used a baby syringe like this one when I first started using nitro:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/tc-photos/11442/product/standard/513141.jpg
At the time there's no way I would have been able to get a finger up there because the sphincter was spasmed so tight. It's not ideal and does make dosage difficult to measure, but it did the trick for me. The exact dosage didn't matter much after a few days anyway because I got used to the nitro headahes pretty quickly.
Once the spasm relaxed a bit I started applying the nitro using a finger tip. As long as it's not in an intense spasm, you should be able to slowly work the nitro around the anus and get it inside.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jan 2010, 02:38

My sphincter was too tight 24/7 : (((. Nothing could go in without applying a great force and no position and no lubricant and no "baby size" changed that fact :(
I needed to cut my sphincter TWICE to relax it and still - it is strong Image , but somehow my fissure closed (KTW !!!!!!!)
I remember once spending half an hour trying to apply baby glycerin suppository lubed with KY gel AND Vaseline and after finally somehow managing to apply it - when I got up it was ejected AND projected across the bathroom Image LMAO - that is how clenched that idiotic thing was !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby afugh!! » 16 Jan 2010, 04:03

Wow Fiss atleast no one was in the way.I suppose it's all on how bad the spasms are.I first tried applying it laying flat but I couldn't shimmy it in.I got the idea of raising my butt and spreading my legs and bending it parallel with my body as much as I could and finally managed to get my pinky in.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jan 2010, 21:57

LMAO - yes - luckily I was alone in the bathroom - needed full concentration and no distractions for such a delicate and dangerous procedure Image Image Image !!!
Oh boy - you might end up being a contortionist or Yoga master after you get rid of your pesky butt torturing device (AKA fissure) ; ))) !!!! Some good must come out of all of our suffering - I am telling you Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby William » 17 Jan 2010, 18:46

NeuropathicGuy wrote:I used a baby syringe like this one when I first started using nitro:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/tc-photos/11442/product/standard/513141.jpg

I actually bought a few of those from a vet supply website, but the ends have slightly sharp edges, so I don't feel comfortable using them. If I could only attach an applicator to the end somehow...
NeuropathicGuy wrote:Once the spasm relaxed a bit I started applying the nitro using a finger tip. As long as it's not in an intense spasm, you should be able to slowly work the nitro around the anus and get it inside.

Waiting on the external hemorrhoid to go away before I try this...
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby cherylk » 18 Jan 2010, 07:12

I attached an applicator from my anusol ointment which was rounded. I know the feeling of not wanting to insert anything with sharp edges!! Maybe the pharmacy could tell you where you could buy an applicator that has rounded edges like the one I have! It fit the opening of my ointment tube perfectly. Some people have used a finger cot.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby William » 18 Jan 2010, 07:29

cherylk wrote:I attached an applicator from my anusol ointment which was rounded. I know the feeling of not wanting to insert anything with sharp edges!! Maybe the pharmacy could tell you where you could buy an applicator that has rounded edges like the one I have! It fit the opening of my ointment tube perfectly. Some people have used a finger cot.

Which anusol did you get, the regular or hydrocortisone one? Does the applicator have holes on its side? I found a picture of an anusol applicator online that was long and only had an opening at the end, but the one in a box that I found at the store was short with holes on the side. Which one is the good one? Image
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby cherylk » 18 Jan 2010, 08:23

I think I have the hydrocortisone one. My applicator is short with holes all around it. It's about an inch long. Works out great for me!!! I put some on the tip to make insertion easier.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46