bleeding?? skin tag question too!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bleeding?? skin tag question too!

Postby mmb0423 » 23 Feb 2010, 21:57

does bleeding after BM mean you have opened or re-tore the fissure?? after my BM today there was some blood on the tissue, so i'm just wondering. i have a skin tag (sentinel pile) also, could the bleeding come from it? there was sharp pain during BM, but not a ton after just a little uncomfortable. yesterday, i had no bleeding, so i'm just hoping nothing happened with it today.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: bleeding?? skin tag question too!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 26 Feb 2010, 11:54

Hey there, yeah I think bleeding after a BM is usually a pretty good indication that you re-tore the fissure, even more so if there was pain or a feeling of tightness associated with the BM. In the past when I've re-torn my fissure, I've seen both blood streaked on the stool and on the tissue paper. Usually I can feel the stool (usually the beginning of it) having a harder time coming out too.
I've got a couple of skin tags as well and have never seen them bleed personally (and yes sadly I've looked :)). But skin tags usually form from other things like hemorrhoids, so I think they can become inflamed and perhaps bleed a bit if you have hemorrhoids and they're flaring up. What you've described sounds exactly like what I felt when re-tearing a fissure though.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mmb0423 » 26 Feb 2010, 13:11

boo... i'm so sick of this! i've had nothing but soft BMs for awhile and sometimes no blood, sometimes blood. it's frustrating dealing with something when there is no clear answer to recovery!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 26 Feb 2010, 14:21

Hey mmb, do you keep to a strict regime/diet? If not, you might not be producing a good consistency of BM.
I take it you had a bad BM when the pain and bleeding started again, sadly that's all it takes to re-open the fissure, i've been there sooo many times before, now i'm just at the point where I can tolerate the pain and it only hurts for a short while after BM then calms down to a more bearable ache, i've reached this level by dietary changes and nitro, to be honest this is probably my very last chance before surgery, I have an appointment with my CRS on the 2nd March and will know one way or the other after that.
Wish you the best of luck
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mmb0423 » 26 Feb 2010, 20:04

hi steve-
yeah, i do all of the diet stuff and i'm taking stool softeners. i'm dealing with this problem for the second time in my life (the first wasn't diagnosed, but the exact same pain as now and it lasted forever!), i just had a baby and had one rough BM which resulted in the fissure. i'm using the diltiazem cream. it's been four weeks and i haven't had an rough stools since the first week. everyday is different though... sometimes bleeding, sometimes not, some days strong pain after, and some days it's not so bad. it always hurts during the BM, but it's not consistent at all in other ways. i'm getting really frustrated because i'm just not sure if it's healing at all or not. i don't want to waste my whole maternity leave being in pain and feeling down. hopefully something will give soon. my next doctors appointment is on the 10th. hopefully you have a good appointment on the 2nd. i'm nervous about the option of surgery, because i've read so many different experiences on it. i just want to be able to continue breastfeeding my daughter throughout this ordeal... it's hard enough sitting still to nurse through the pain after a BM, i'm really nervous about how difficult it could be if the surgery is necessary. i've been researching somethings though, and reaching out to the lactation consultant for tips on how to keep with it even though it's painful. trying to stay positive!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 26 Feb 2010, 22:09

Could you lie down while nursing? I think I always was upright (sitting), but I don't know why it would not work lying down. I think I first did it that way in the hospital (bed).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby mmb0423 » 26 Feb 2010, 22:20

i'm trying it, but i'm not very good at it. the lactation consultant at my hospital is helping me out with it. i think one of the problems is that when i'm in pain it's really hard to sit still... or lay still. i bought a nursing wrap thing yesterday that makes it possible to nurse while walking around. i think that will be helpful. i tried it yesterday and it went okay, so i'm praying that if things get bad it will come in handy.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 27 Feb 2010, 09:10

Wow, I've never heard of nursing while walking around. That would be quite a fete! Good luck with it! I was just thinking that nursing is/was one of my most satisfying experiences, and I really truly believe it helps the mother bond with the baby. I did it with my second, but didn't try with my first, and there was definitely a difference in each bonding experience!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby mmb0423 » 27 Feb 2010, 18:34

Yeah, I talked to the lactation consultant about it because I was getting a little desperate and she recommended some pillow or said that some wraps might work. I investigated a little and found this thing called a Moby wrap. You can basically wrap this really really long piece of fabric around your body and then stick the baby in it about 20 different ways. I was a little sceptic, but after trying it I'm pretty impressed. I was able to nurse and walk around... not able to really do anything like dishes while walking (my hands were still busy with baby), but at least I'm not stuck on my bottom! I think it is worth the money if it gives me back just a little bit of sanity when I'm in pain and can't sit still! How long did you nurse your child? My little girl is 7 weeks and it's been going great. I definately do think that it helps build a strong bond.
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Feb 2010, 12:15

Skin-tags are result of any injury to the anus - fissures and hemorrhoids alike !!!!
Unfortunately - yes , it is most probable that you have a new fissure : (((. It is probably on the base of your skin-tag - that is why you have a tag there and when blood comes out tag can look bloody - but it is coming from the base of a tag - I had that happen to me : ((((. My tag formed after fissurectomy and first LIS and was big and bothersome and I always had a feeling that it makes the situation worse since it would swell occasionally and as soon as you have any extra pressure there - fissure is sure to follow : ((. So I made sure that I have them removed during my second LIS !
Wishing you the best of luck : ) and I think that Moby wrap is great idea - probably half of human population in other cultures is nursing babies that way !!!!!! There is no time for "sitting and laying" around when fields need to be worked and cattle taken care off LOL So - it might work perfectly well : ))) !!!! AND - you will be in great shape doing all that walking and also help your butt being off it ; ))) ! I am just trying to find all possible positives in your situation - which is not easy at all : (((.
I wish you the best of luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61