Got appointment to see 3rd CRS in 2 years!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Got appointment to see 3rd CRS in 2 years!

Postby StevePain » 01 Mar 2010, 16:04

I have an appointment with yet another different CRS tomorrow, this will be the third one in 2 years, the first one sent me for rubber band ligation on my hemmies in 2008, (didn't get a follow up) after much complaining to my GP he referred me back again in 2009, this time the CRS did a minimal examination (using finger) and said I had just a small tear which would heal up of it's own accord providing I followed a high fibre diet, I tried but this didn't work, after another 4 or 5 visits to my GP, I was given Rectogesic (nitro?) which gave me violent headaches but helped with the pain in my ass, still to this day i'm using Rectogesic, been using for close to a year now but it hasn't healed me completely, the only real thing that's made a difference is a major change in diet, anyway tomorrow will be my third visit to see another different CRS, hopefully he will get to the bottom of things (no pun intended) I just can't hold my breath though as none of the other CRS's have been any help, to be honest i'm starting to lose faith in them altogether!
My question is, why is it so hard to get the CRS's to understand just how it is, seems we sufferers know more than they do when it comes to rectal pain and we didn't attend med school!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Got appointment to see 3rd CRS in 2 years!

Postby cherylk » 01 Mar 2010, 16:10

As I've indicated previously, a requirement for graduating from med school should be to have an AF. Then maybe they could understand the pain and anguish we sufferers have. :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 01 Mar 2010, 17:41

Ya Cheryl bend them over and give em a nice nick in the butt with a scalpel and they have to figure out how to heal it as a final exam.Ya steve Rectogesic is nitro.Guess thats how they call it in the UK.Surprised it still gives you headaches,after 3 days of nitro use for me and the headaches stopped.Well best wishes and hopefully this CRS can give you the answers you need.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Mar 2010, 20:58

Dear Steve LOL,
You are very patient man : ))) ! I saw one GP, one general surgeon, one Gastro, and changed 6 CRSs in one year and half period (sometimes having 2 CRSs exams in one week to compare opinions) before I found the final solution, so ... yeap - you are VERY patient with them !
I wish you the best of luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 03:39

Haha Cheryl, there would be a whole load of CRS's with a tube of nitro in their top pockets instead of a pen! Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 03:43

LOL afugh!! all med students should be given a diet of fatty stodgy foods with no fibre intake so they pass huge BM's and rip their asses (hopefully) LOL. Sorry, my bad, but I just can't believe that these people actually know what they're on about, as patients we seem to know more, much more!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 02 Mar 2010, 03:46

Just been on the phone, my appointment has been changed to tomorrow morning which is a good thing really as i'll of had a BM or two before I go, so will have a bit of pain, am dreading any kind of examination down there though, even the finger!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 03 Mar 2010, 06:49

Quick update...
Been to see CRS this morning, was examined briefly with finger, I tolerated the examination but still hurt (burning feeling), he told me that it was most likely to be a fissure and has prescribed me Diltiazem which I have to use for 6-8 weeks, then have to go back and see him, if nothing has improved he'll put me under anaesthetic and do a proper examination, if a fissure is seen then LIS will be performed..
So basically, it looks like things will get sorted out one way or the other, the only thing is I have to wait for the Diltiazem to be ordered as none of the pharmacies stock it as a rule, it's known as a special order item, hopefully I will have it in a couple of days though. :)
StevePain
King Fissure