Diltiazem/Nitro Question(s)?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Diltiazem/Nitro Question(s)?

Postby jman11 » 08 Mar 2010, 17:45

My problem was in the diagnosing process, I didn't know what the hell was going on and was told it was a hemorrhoid (sp?) and was given suppositories to get rid of them. Well, what with a fissure and all, one night after putting the suppository in I started having crazy spasms, went to the ER at 4 a.m. and have been taking this whole thing very seriously ever since.
I actually have a great doctor though, it took a few to find the right one but the guy I have now is great, very helpful and most importantly he gives a shit and doesnt just pass me off. Very thankful for that. I go into see him on March 22 so I am eagerly awaiting the visit.
jman11
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Mar 2010, 18:09

cherylk wrote:I think some docs care, NG! (I have 2 that do, I think.) But I agree the system is a pain in the #$#$#9!!!! Smart thinking on your part in being proactive!! Image

Yeah I agree with ya there on both counts Cheryl. It took a while but I actually finally managed to find a primary care doctor that I have total faith in. I'm actually seeing him tomorrow and another CRS later in the week. I used to worry about going to see the doctor too much but now I realize you can't really see them enough. Every one has their own take on the issue so more opinions always makes me more comfortable.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 08 Mar 2010, 18:13

jman11 wrote:My problem was in the diagnosing process, I didn't know what the hell was going on and was told it was a hemorrhoid (sp?) and was given suppositories to get rid of them. Well, what with a fissure and all, one night after putting the suppository in I started having crazy spasms, went to the ER at 4 a.m. and have been taking this whole thing very seriously ever since.
I actually have a great doctor though, it took a few to find the right one but the guy I have now is great, very helpful and most importantly he gives a shit and doesnt just pass me off. Very thankful for that. I go into see him on March 22 so I am eagerly awaiting the visit.

I was actually told the same thing! My former primary care doc just said I had hemorrhoids and some inflammation and gave me some hydrocortisone suppositories to use. I went back a week later and said these aren't working, and he told me it was because I wasn't drinking enough water or getting enough fiber!! Finally, the third time I went back, he finally did an anuscopy and says oh you have a fissure, here's more suppositories, use them with stool softeners!!!! That's when I began to sing the praises of PPO insurance and self referred myself to a CRS who actually had a clue :)
Best of luck on the 22nd!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Mar 2010, 18:13

Yes - some do care - but they are few and afar !!! Mine last CRS definitely did care Image - I owe my life to that person !!!!! BUT, I needed to change 6 CRSs till I found HIM !!!!
I agree with NeuroG - one has to be smart and one step ahead of a system all the time.
If I did not do my research I would still be in a major pain - no question about that !! Image Heck - I do not know if I would even be alive since my pain was 24/7 and I was bedridden Image . I was contemplating "making an early exit" Image and if I did not have such a wonderful family to support me, who knows what would have happened !
With all research I did I KNEW I needed another LIS but still - I had to find a CRS who would DO IT !
If I stayed with any of the first 5 idiots - I would have never found help !!!!!!
I could go on and on with my experiences with doctors and all of my friend and family - but that would be more appropriate for some other forum, I guess - some dedicated to health care reform, pr something.
I always think of 99% of the people who have no idea of how system works and go blindly and listens blindly to their doctors thinking that they are taken care off, when in fact, some bureaucracy guy is making decision about his/her treatments.
NeuroG - I also came to the conclusion that for some diseases they just hope you will die LMAO before you need a treatment or long-term care !!! They count on that one has a bigger chance to die in an accident or sudden heart-attack before serious treatment is needed Image. That is why they do not renew med insurance for poor people that need it the most !!!! Insurance is for the healthy and young LMAO !!!! Once you get something serious - good luck keeping your job and renewing your insurance in this country !!!! Image Image Image
Oh well... *barf !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61