Does your fissure make you emotional?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does your fissure make you emotional?

Postby StevePain » 24 Mar 2010, 16:13

Since having this damn fissure i've noticed that i'm more emotional, when I say that I mean that it would be easy for me to cry (not very manly I know!), not just because of the pain, it seems more deeply rooted than that, it definitely affects me psychologically I know that much, sometimes I just get sick and tired of fighting the constant up-hill battle and just when you think your on top, you come crashing back down to earth, it's this that I think plays with the emotions, there seems to be highs and lows associated with having a fissure, when there's little or no pain then i'm on top of the world and could dance up and down, almost manic!! then there's days when the pain levels are uncontrollable and I sink to the depths of despair which is very scary!! I guess what i'm asking is, is this normal? and does anyone else experience the highs and lows??
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Does your fissure make you emotional?

Postby cherylk » 24 Mar 2010, 18:47

Steve, I was very emotional when I had the fissure. That is why I was started on the A/D, but I think I am about ready to stop taking it. The sad thing is, in my opinion, the docs don't really understand the emotional part because most of them have probably never had an AF in their life, so they think a problem with someone's $$s is no big deal, BUT it is because it affects all aspects of a person's life. How can one lead a normal life--driving, working, watching sporting events, going to perfomances, etc.---when a person cannot SIT comfortably????????? You are not alone in your feelings!! Thank heavens we have this wonderful forum to get support from one another and to vent our individual frustrations as necessary!!!!!!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby dee » 25 Mar 2010, 05:03

definitely get emotional!
and sometimes i cry just out of frustration--sometimes harder than if i'm in pain...
i work at a hospital and usually for the first hour after i get to work i'm in a lot of pain (bm just before shower just before work--lingering pain from bm)...my coworkers sometimes wonder if i should be there or if i shouldn't check in to be seen...unfortunately they won't give me a big old shot of dilauded and valium without me being officially registered (darn it!)
i'm almost dreading a vacation i'm having next month because of the travel and of course wanting to eat something yummy that may not be loaded in fiber--maybe i'll take some benefiber with me to add to my food...
anyway--emotional? absolutely--especially when the doctor says something like "i just don't understand why you're in so much pain"...it makes me feel like asking her how many times she has passed shards of glass through her @$$--and then explain that for me it happens multiple times a day!
dee
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby jeffrygraham » 25 Mar 2010, 11:51

Emotional . . Definitely, especially when you sit and for me at the same time I have to feed my kid (it takes loooong time).
Hi Cherylk, is there any A/D that we can buy over the counter ?
jeffrygraham
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 12:13

None, as far as I know!! A psychiatrist prescribes/prescribed for me, and it was helpful to talk to him also as he is certified in Internal Medicine also and knew a lot about AF's and Miralax. So visits to him were doubly beneficial for me. Image I see him very rarely now!
cherylk
VIP

Postby stephanie » 25 Mar 2010, 14:39

Most definitely, remember my first post! :) I was so frustrated, and felt an enormous release when I finished posting, and received such lovely replies from everyone.
But still, although pain-wise things are better, there is still a gaping wound and it doesn't look like it's healing. This makes me wonder if it will ever heal, and if I think about it more than usual I feel my mood dropping.
But I have hope, and hope for everyone else here :) And that makes me feel better, along with the support available here.
stephanie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 14:58

Thanks everyone for the replies, I thought it was just me, and being a man it's a lot harder to show my emotions but this whole bum issue has taken it's toll, and trying to get A/D from my doc is near impossible, I did ask today but he told me that prescribing A/D's wouldn't solve the underlying problem (my fissure), so I have to somehow heal before I can be treated for depression, it sucks!
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 15:14

Steve,
One bad thing about you getting healed--then you won't have your neat avatar that we can all view! :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Postby StevePain » 25 Mar 2010, 15:17

LOL cheryl I'll have a great big smiley instead!! :D
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Mar 2010, 15:28

Well, OK, as long as you have a nifty avatar to display!!
cherylk
VIP