I know should be happy....but

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I know should be happy....but

Postby fire-cracker » 18 May 2010, 14:52

I know that I should be happy, but I am a little scared/worried. This mornings BM was ok for me.....no pain, just a little pinch, but nothing I would even think about if I didn't have a fissure. I had a couple of pinches throughout the day at work, but again....nothing that I would give a second thought about. I know it's silly to be scared, but I am just sooooooooo nervous that come the next BM that the symptoms will start all over again :( I really should get put on some anxiety meds, but I'd rather not Image
In the past 2 months I have had some relief of pain here and there, but this time it seems a little different (better). I guess all I can do is wait and see Image .
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: I know should be happy....but

Postby cherylk » 18 May 2010, 14:56

I used to wake up in a cold sweat many mornings worrying about the upcoming trip to the bathroom. Resulting tension can wreak havoc with one's butt while being in such a state.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 May 2010, 18:48

So how'd things go today -- did the improvements continue :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby fire-cracker » 19 May 2010, 19:11

Well....I don't want to jinx myself, but the improvements continued today!!!!! Image BM went smoothly this morn. and no pains or pinches. But yet....I am still freaked out because I am sooooooo scared it's going to catch up with me. I am such a negative thinking type person. I guess I should be happy while I am feeling good and hope that I will continue to improve and stay well. Thanks for asking!!! How's your day going???
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 May 2010, 19:37

Good to hear it :) Stick to whatever you're doing and maybe things will continue to go well. Fissures are definitely an up and down battle, most everyone here has found that one out the hard way, unfortunately. I'm not exactly a positive thinker either so I know where you're coming from haha.
My day is going alright. In a bit of an up and down cycle myself. More down than up lately but I'm waiting for the pendulum to swing the other way. Fingers crossed!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2010, 01:29

Oh - I was freaked out after healing for months !!! I swear I had a Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome going on for a while !!!
It will get better and better over several weeks : ))) !!!!
Just keep your poop soft for the next year so that area can regain its full strength and resilience !!!!
May you stay healed forever !!! Image KTW
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby fire-cracker » 20 May 2010, 18:24

Fissulyna wrote:May you stay healed forever !!! Image KTW

Thanks for that Fissuylyna!!!!! That would be wonderful if that happened, but today I am having a little more discomfort than I did the past few days Image . Not so severe that I am crying like I have been for 2 months, but just a little uncomfortable :( Maybe it was the 5 small wafer cookies that I ate yesterday :( . I ate vegetable soup this evening (first time in years)....so maybe that will help me in the morn. All I can do is wait and see.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2010, 19:06

Oh my Image - I am so sorry to hear about a small set-back ! You know - it is very typical for a fissure to behave like that , especially when we lapse in our fissure friendly diet :( *sigh. Stay away from cookies and pasta and any of that stuff - it is "evil" I tell you Image There is just no way around it Image - one has to cater to butt or it rebels big time : (.
Just take some soaks and "eat your veggies" - our Moms were so right !!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby fire-cracker » 22 May 2010, 14:38

Just wanted to give an update...
I have a feeling that the cookies I ate along with a small choc. chip muffin and a kit kat bar contributed to me having BM problems. I guess you could say that I got constipated slightly for the past few days...not that it was hard, but the BM's were not as soft as what I had, had them at. I was having a hard time trying to get anything to come out...and I kept having the urge to go, but nothing that helped me feel any relief. I just had alot of pressure down there.
This morning after soaking in the tub 3-4 times and doing alot of crying (because I am sooooooooooooo tired of this) I finally had an ok BM. I got a little scared because I could tell it was going to be diarrhea after not fully relieving myself over the past few days and I didn't want the bleeding to start again like I did a couple of weeks ago. Happy to say YIPPIE Image no bleeding!!! I really want to smack myself upside the head for eating those sweets. In my head I figured that since I am taking stool softeners that the sweets would not be a problem. I guess I was wrong. Live and learn.
fire-cracker
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 22 May 2010, 16:47

Great news FireC : ))) !!! Image
Now stay away form "junk" LOL and all will be fine ; )) !!!!
Happy continued healing !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP