Stopping that itchy feeling..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stopping that itchy feeling..

Postby StevePain » 20 Jun 2010, 00:59

Hi, I know how hard it is to ignore that nasty itch, I scratched my anus until it bled and then carried on until it was stinging and burning, I put this down to the Diltiazem mainly, although I could of been going through the healing process, it's difficult to tell as you can itch like crazy while the fissure is healing too, anyway to stop me from itching I got in the bath put both legs up on the side of the bath as though in stirrups :oops: and got the shower head right down there, make sure the water temperature is as hot as you can bear and direct the shower as close as possible to the anus and feel the relief, stay in the position for about 15-20 mins, by this time your ass will be feeling much less itchy, if at all, repeat the process as and when the itching becomes unbearable, also, only dab the anus with fragrance free baby wipes (with aloe and chamomile preferably) after BM, make sure it's done thoroughly even parting the anus a bit and pushing the wipe inside slightly, this brings relief as well but may sting a bit at first, for me, these are the best two solutions to stop that scratching, another thing too, always keep your nails as short as possible, not only to prevent you scratching and damaging the area but to stop infection since bacteria thrives under the nails.
Hope this helps.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Stopping that itchy feeling..

Postby cherylk » 20 Jun 2010, 05:13

Balneol on a cotton ball can also help with itching.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 20 Jun 2010, 14:03

I've yet to try that one cheryl, maybe i'll try that if the nasty itch returns... so far so good though...
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mjfarrell5959 » 20 Jun 2010, 15:21

Just heard about Balneol, does it work really well?
mjfarrell5959
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Postby cherylk » 20 Jun 2010, 15:35

Balneol is good for cleansing and soothing. It's not specifically designed to counter itching, I don't think, but if a person needs to touch the area to help relieve discomfort and/or itching, it is another option to condider. Itching is not fun!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46