new person with questions....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new person with questions....

Postby Runnerman » 27 Jun 2010, 22:09

I will give my history here...
I have taken up running in the past year. I started running on may 7th 2009, I started with walking and by the end of June 2009 I was running a couple of miles a day. Over the year I started running for at least an hour 6 days a week. In march/april of 2010 I started running further as I was going to be entering some half marathons this summer. However In mid april of 2010 all of that came to stop.
For a long while I noticed I had to poop after every run. And running while holding poop in almost every day. One day I Noticed I couldnt poop before a run so i strained to poop I remeber pushing very very hard and feeling a bump on side of my anus that went away a few days later. However I noticed in the days and weeks to come I had pain coming on and it has just gotten worse. Horrible pain Not so much during a B.M. but about an hour after words thats when the pain hits the hardest.
I went to the doctors and he said it was most likely hemmoriods and he gave me cream. I was back in the office 3 days later begging him for something else. He had me get a colonoscopy. I was scared to death! I wouldnt even let them put me to sleep for it. The Colonoscopy came up with a fissure. And i was given another cream starts with a d, Anywase I put some on the outside of my anus thinking that would work. I didnt know to put it on my finger and put it in the anal canal. So for weeks I have still been suffering. I'm a strict vegan and have been for 8 years. So all I did was drink more water and have been eating more veggies and grains and not any white breads. ANYWASE... The pain was back so bad that I went back to the doctors and he sent me to a surgeon who has schduled me for the LIS next week. It has been almost a month since I met with him, He did an anscope and said he saw a fissure. I dont want the surgery, but its only getting worse. If I eat one thing that isnt perfect I'm in awful fall on my knees someone punched me in the B-hole pain!
My questions are
1. Did anyone else have to stop running/wieght lifting when they got their fissure?
2. where is the fissure usually located? is it on the back side the part that is nearest to the back bone/tail bone or the part that is nearest to the penis or vag? depending on which one you have.
3. Can a fissure cause swelling in the groin lyhm noids ( I dont know if they are swelled or always felt this way and i just didnt noticed before ( the reason i checked was because ever since this fissure i have been checking every possible anything on my body, I have never had any health problems outside of a cold or flu so i have been in a complete panic for the past 2 months). I asked my doc about this and he had me get a blood test that came back normal.
4. I have only seen blood on my stools once and no more blood just one streak once? Is that normal?
5. has anyone else had a total nervous break down from their af? It really has ruined my life. When ever I try to go running to manage stress I can feel it in my bum. And it makes things worse. Walking is ok but i want to run again! Will I ever have my life back?
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: new person with questions....

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2010, 01:48

So sorry to hear that you got damn fissure : ((( - I got it the same way - by forcing myself to go when in fact my sphincter was not ready to "let go" and voila - fissure appeared !!! : ((
Fissures are the most commonly located in 12 o'clock position(toward your spine) and very small percentage is on the 6 o'clock position. Any fissure placed sideways should be investigated more since it could be connected with inflammatory processes going on in the GI tract, as well as if there is more than one fissure present at the same time.
Fissures should not cause any swelling in the lymph nodes unless a serious infection occurred. Please keep your eye on the nodes since they can also be connected with other disorders and if they do not go away in 6 weeks - ask for biopsy by all means !!!!!!
Having blood only once is normal - I was the same way.
After 5 mos of suffering and excruciating pain ( I had spasms 24/7) and was not able even to walk, not to mention run, I was seriously emotionally disturbed and was crying on a daily bases since I was practically disabled Image
I had 2 LIS surgeries without no incontinence happening, not even for a gas, so if that is your concern - do not even worry about that. There is nothing worse than that horrible pain - at least that is how I see it.
PS: I used my creams outside. They can be used either way and still have an effect. I healed several times using them that way. Three CRSs told me to use them outside, so I think it is just what particular CRS prefers ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Runnerman » 28 Jun 2010, 09:18

Thank you so much for your reply.
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2010, 12:42

You are very welcome Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2010, 14:09

Welcome to the board, Runnerman!
I can only second everything Fissulyna said, heartily! :)
You sound very serious about your exercise/running! Image I can only say that, if it were me, the running would have to wait. I am no expert on the mechanics of running (or biking) as per the stress on the anus and a fissure, but it seems very straightforward to me that the old a-hole is at the center of the action while running and biking, and since the fissure is a tear.....
My pain was such that many things went by the wayside, everything necessary, to just bring the pain levels down to something manageable.
Once you have healed (primarily) after LIS, *then* you could slowly ease back into your regimen, but remember, the membranes down there may not be completely restored for a year or longer, but you should be in MUCH better shape about a month after LIS -- and should be back to work or whatever in a week or so.
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 28 Jun 2010, 17:25

Runnerman,
Having an AF can be a horrible emotional experience. Getting on an AD helped me a lot. Many of us here are OK now, but we continue to give support to others because we understand the physical and mental suffering associated with AF's, unlike those who have never had such an experience!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Runnerman » 28 Jun 2010, 19:26

Thanks everyone so much. After I heal I will take running very slowly. I will start with walking a mile then walking for a few miles, then running a mile etc.... But most likely just every other day.
Runnerman
Fibre Addict