Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby mike1971 » 29 Aug 2018, 12:26

JaiShriRam wrote:No matter what the doc says. It is not going to be okay in 6 weeks. It is going to take 12 weeks at least. It's an anus, you are disturbing it's healing Everytime you move. It's sensitive. So be patient. That's what I have accepted after lot of frustrating days and nights. Many of them even with tears cause I used to feel so disabled. But there is light at the end of tunnel. Just keep on moving ahead and take good sanitary care.

Yes some very good advice. It may take even longer than 12 weeks.

I find it hard to believe those people who claim, especially those that have had multiple procedures in one surgery, that they can get back to their daily routine within 2 weeks.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby missy moo » 29 Aug 2018, 20:55

Also psyllium husk helps stool to bind together so it comes out in 1 stool instead of 5 little bits a day it can bulk the stool bit if you take half the adult dose you should be fine I find it really comes out complete when I use it just increase water if your going to use it an half the dose best wishes
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Vdawg » 29 Aug 2018, 23:51

:thankyou: Jai!
That was comprehensive and very useful advice.

I just started my week 2 and I understand there is a long way to go.

The current problem I have is multiple BMs of small volume (10 times yesterday). And pain is fluctuating like you mentioned. Yesterday it was 3/10 and this morning 8/10. I'm guessing the fibre or water is not enough and need to buy the sucro ano today. My CRS is out of country for a week so cannot get quick advice and this is frustrating. Also I'm leaking stools like you mentioned hopefully it will stop in a few days as it did for you.

Right now my target is to come down to 2 or 3 full BMs a day with manageble pain.

@missy: bought psyllium husk. Should I take it first thing in the morning?
Vdawg
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 30 Aug 2018, 14:43

You can take it at anytime but I've always taken it 30mins or more before food start with half a teaspoon it a full glass of water 3 times a day see how you go with that
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Vdawg » 04 Sep 2018, 06:46

Jai, did you start going to work in your third week after surgery? Were you able to sit on an office chair?
I'll complete 2 weeks tomorrow but still not able to sit straight on an office chair or sofa. I sit supporting my weight on one butt and I cant sit straight for even 5 mins. Need to start going to work from Monday. Any ideas?
Vdawg
Fibre Addict

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 12:00

Hi V, Yes I started going to office from 3rd week. I could sit on a chair comfortably. However, walking used to cause a bit irritation due to open wounds of the skin tag removal. Driving was a also bit of an issue so I used a Donut Pillow in the car. And of course took pain med after breakfast to take off my mind from that area. It's such a weird place to have an injury that you can't focus on anything during this recovery.

During my 2nd week, I avoided sitting on hard surface. And mainly sat on my sofa which was very cushiony so did not cause much problem. Week 1 was horrible. No sitting at all.

I would recommend that you use a Donut Pillow to sit, it will alleviate your pain and improve the healing process by proper blood flow. Also, did you get that Ointment ? How is your BM issue now ?
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 04 Sep 2018, 17:49

Vdawg, how's your bms been since starting the psyllium husk I'm using it also it's 80% soluble fibre which means it absorbs water and creates a jelly like consistency making stools soft not sure why but I've always had issues with the first part of my stool it's always hard so 10% of the stool is hard the other 90% is perfect so frustrating an don't know how to fix it
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 20:27

My experience has been that if you have a 2nd BM in the late evening or before bedtime, it clears the colon and the stool need not remain there. Longer it stays there , harder it gets as the colon walls keep absorbing water. 2 BMs a day worked for me. Some people have had success with a overnight soaked chia seeds. They don't bulk up with the stools like psyllium but still have the jelly type consistency. You may try it.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby JaiShriRam » 04 Sep 2018, 20:30

@Mike1971 how are you doing Mike ?
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 04 Sep 2018, 20:35

Jaishriram could you tell me how to do the chia seed thing? And when to eat it? I take psyllium husk 1 teaspoon morning an night I eat healthy an drink lots of water my body doesn't give me the urge to go in the afternoon or night only once or twice after waking up in the morning how can I make my body change?
missy moo
King Fissure