Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby Da_butt_tho » 22 Jul 2018, 11:00

Thanks, guys! And PreggoAF, I’d really appreciate that!!
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby mmklinemm » 26 Jul 2018, 06:44

Last edited by mmklinemm on 26 Jul 2018, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby missy moo » 26 Jul 2018, 16:25

Mmklinemm I don't mean to come across as rude but have you looked into any emotional issues or any troubling past events even if you don't think they matter I would look into mind body connection if I was you just to make sure you've got everything possible thing covered I've had many health professionals tell me about it. Best wishes
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby JaiShriRam » 28 Jul 2018, 11:12

Hi Sarah and PreggoAF, I landed on this difficult road on 24th July after an evening of LIS, LHP and Skin Tag removal and am meeting a new pothole everyday.

In the 1st week of your LIS, did you have sudden and uncontrollable cramps/urgencies of BM through out the day ? Just want to know if I am the only one with this situation. I have such sudden cramps that even before I can reach washroom and undress, I am almost done and soiled everything. I know it's gross, but m living this 4/5 times a day ! It's so sudden that I am unable to foresee these urges or cramps, kind of semi-incontinence. Did you have these in the first week ????

My wife is going crazy with me using her Sanitary pads like a crazy person. Like 6/7 of them a day. Due to the leakage of stool+blood entire day. Even an innocent fart comes out with some of his uninvited buddies.... Gosh ! Any suggestions for me ? It's my day 4 today...
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Postby Da_butt_tho » 28 Jul 2018, 13:30

Jai,

Are you using any stool softeners or possibly taking too much? I had some urgency and a near miss, but when I lightened up on the stool softeners, things became a bit more predictable during the second week after surgery. I still feel some urgency (can’t wait all day at work like I used to), but no emergencies.
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Postby Sarah8818 » 28 Jul 2018, 14:45

Hey
I had urgencies when I was taking laxative and stool softeners. I now just take one satchel of laxative at night and things haven’t been too bad. What are you taking? I’ve now just got a sodding infection so on 2 lots of antibiotics and leaking puss out my butt! This entire situation/surgery really is shit! Totally fed up
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict

Postby PreggoAF » 28 Jul 2018, 15:15

Oh no not an infection Sarah! I’m so sorry! How is everyone doing? Jai, ditto to what the others said and taking too much Miralax gave me urgency. Know that your sphincter will regain much of its original tone within a year so things may improve for you in that regard over time. I honestly wish my surgeon had cut a little more because I already feel like I’m tightening up again down there. My issue was always tightness and my fissure had heralded prior to surgery. I got LIS because my CRS said retreating was likely because of my high resting tone. I thought LIS would prevent this from happening but I think I ended up retearing my old fissure this week after having a more urgent bowel movement. It doesn’t hurt nearly as badly as it did when I first tore but it’s still demoralizing and I can’t help but wish he had cut more muscle so I didn’t have this issue.
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby PreggoAF » 28 Jul 2018, 15:17

Ugh, autocorrect. Meant to write that my fissure had healed prior to surgery and that my CRS told me I had a high likelihood of retearing if I didn’t get LIS due to high resting pressure
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Da_butt_tho » 28 Jul 2018, 15:26

I concur- an infection sounds like an awful experience! I’m so sorry!

I hear you about wishing the doc had cut more... I had the exact same high tone issue prior, and I had a bit of an uncomfortable experience the other day that I think may have set me back a bit... but it didn’t feel like a complete tear (as in the pain level wasn’t as severe)? I hope? But I start wondering if I’m going to need to be on stool softeners for life! I hope for your sake, PreggoAF, that you re-heal quickly!

Also- side question and hopefully not too much tMI... but has anyone lessened or given up on fiber supplements?? I feel like they almost bulk up my stool too much?
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Postby Sarah8818 » 28 Jul 2018, 15:41

Thanks for you support yep proper rubbish. Husband was meant to go away today for 4 months with work but has had to postpone for a week as I can’t look after our 2 young kids in this state.
High resting pressure? My surgeon never told me about mine? Are you uk or us? I don’t take any fibre supplements but feel I’ll be on laxatives for life now.
Sarah8818
Fibre Addict