Painful Anal Fissure

I don’t know what to do about the pain anymore.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Painful Anal Fissure

Postby NesieJaay » 20 Jul 2018, 02:14

Hey guys. I’ve literally ran out of options and no longer know what to do. About last Monday, 11 days ago, I started getting a reeeeaaallyy sharp pain in my anus out of nowhere. I was literally laying down watching a movie with my boyfriend when my butt started hurting. I tried to ignore it, figured I got a butt spasm of some kind and tried to sleep it off. Well I was wrong. I woke up with extreme pain, I was barely able to sit up, let alone stand up. I took some Tylenol and went about my business and went to work. I work in an office at the LAX airport, needless to say, it’s extremely busy. I had to be moving around, sitting down for long periods, standing up, and walking around. I literally couldn’t. The pain was entirely too much for me to ignore. I couldn’t sit, stand, walk, laugh, talk, cough, sneeze, and the list goes on. I ended up calling off work the next day and went to Emergency. They told me I have a small anal fissure.

Let’s pause right there . . . I was shocked when she mentioned how SMALL it is considering all the pain I’m in. I have a high tolerance for pain. I have breast implants plus nipple piercings. I cramp terribly while I’m on my period. I’m just not a punk when it comes to pain. But this pain I’m experiencing now . . . Nothing like any pains I’ve experienced before. It is excruciating. I have literally been at home laying down for 9 days now. It is very hard for me to walk around. I can’t even sit up straight without pain. Standing up is TORTURE. I’m scared to cough and sneeze. I really just need advise.

She put her finger in my butt and felt around and didn’t feel anything else. The doctor prescribed Nifedipine and Lidocaine for the fissure to stop the pain. Advised that she couldn’t prescribe pain pills as they promote constipation so I should just continue taking Tylenol. Also told me to do sitz baths, naturally.

Might I add, she also tried to prescribe laxatives but I’m not constipated. I’ve had sever diarrhea since the problem started, not sure if it’s because of the anxiety it’s causing. It doesn’t hurt while I’m defecating, but it does start hurting once I’m done.

However, I followed her advise, applied my ointments as directed, and took my sitz baths about 3-4 times a day, and the pain persisted. It’s a constant pain too, it doesn’t go away not even for a second.

So I went strolling into emergency again. This time I had a different doctor. She told me I have an anal fissure and she could see it from the outside. She didn’t have to probe me with her finger or anything of that sort. However, she mentioned it being a big fissure. I was slightly confused about it being visible because I feel a lot of the pain internally. I did mention this to her and she explained that’s how they feel. She prescribed NORCOS for the pain ONLY if it became too much to handle and laxitives. She told me there was really nothing we can do besides wait for the fissure to heal on its own. She suggested I use coconut oil in my sitz baths to promote faster healing.

I have been doing everything I’ve been told to do including eating lots of fruits, vegetables, cereals, FIBER all together and try to stay away from bananas and dairy, but I’m still in pain. I have ran out of options. I feel like I have no hope and I would really love to get back to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions they’d recommend for pain relief and faster healing? All suggestions are appreciated :)
NesieJaay

Topics: 1

Re: Painful Anal Fissure

Postby hurtinend » 21 Jul 2018, 17:57

size doesn't matter. So many nerves in that area. We here know how painful it is.

One thing has helped me cope: cold packs. Buy some cold gel packs at the pharmacy, and get them in the freezer.

When ready, wrap it in a light towel or something and sit on it. Make sure you get it in the crack. Do it for a good 20 to 30 minutes several times a day. Helps with the pain a lot.

Alternate with warm sitz soaks.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Painful Anal Fissure

Postby Omgkillmenow » 25 Jul 2018, 08:51

Did you find any relief? Im in excruciating pain during bm and it continues throughout the day and don’t know what else to do. It’s been 4 weeks for me and the cream doesn’t seem to be helping
Omgkillmenow

Topics: 1