Morning pains

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Morning pains

Postby Camry » 26 Jul 2018, 04:06

Hello there, i do my bms every morning given that i have af too. I usually feel the throbbing/stinging pain after bm that would last for hours, most felt when sitting down at the office. Whats weird is this pain goes away late in the afternoon....are these spasms as they say?
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Morning pains

Postby davminos » 26 Jul 2018, 10:52

Always difficult to say specifically. From my experiences these past four months, the pain would start with the first bm and last all day, sometimes it was very very painful, so it does sound familiar to what you are describing. I've been using Rectiv (prescription nitroglycerin ointment) since July 5, went about a week or so with no bleeding, some discomfort, then had blood with one bm but that was 13 days ago; no bleeding and no pain until yesterday -- had slight pain, no bleeding, but the pain stopped quickly. However, after bm this AM was some minor pain, no bleeding, but discomfort lasted a couple hours. It is depressing, was thinking that I was out of the woods so to speak. Hoping the Rectiv will work, but doing my best to keep bm's soft. Actually feel defeated right now, but will give this Rectiv another couple weeks. If you haven't seen a dr, recommend doing so and getting some help before it becomes chronic.
davminos
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Morning pains

Postby Camry » 26 Jul 2018, 19:41

Thanks dav. Seen a crs when this started around june this year. I believe its a chronic fissure as doc says but tried to give me pain reliever/fiber caps and stool softener. My crs says to give it time or else last resort would be lis. Im not really the surgery type of guy. Im still hoping this would heal on its own. There are days that its fine and then a retear comes again. Its a bit annoying to feel your butt throb or sting at times or see some blood or strips of blood on water and poop...
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12