Finally Better After Eight Months

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Finally Better After Eight Months

Postby legalwriter » 07 Aug 2018, 15:19

I suffered from extreme pain after bowel movements since December 2017 through July 2018. After eight months of trying different remedies and seeing various doctors, I finally feel like a new person. I went to one doctor and he said I had an internal hemorrhoid. I specifically asked if I had an anal fissure and he said no. The first doctor prescribed "Rectal Rocket" suppositories which did not help. I continued to suffer with extreme pain and some blood stools after each BM. I experienced severe pain for 10-12 hours after each bowel movement. I finally went to a gastroenterologist. He recommended I have a colonoscopy. I am age 44 and male. I had the colonoscopy and the gastroenterologist said I had a fissure. He put me on nitroglycerine three times a day for three weeks. The headaches were really bad with the nitroglycerine but I was also desperate for any improvement. Finally about after 2 weeks of the nitroglycerine combined with Miralax, high fiber diet, lots of water intake, and metamucil, I have gone 2 weeks pain free after bowel movements. I feel so much better physically and emotionally. The emotional toll was also hard. I became depressed and was not a fun person to be around with my wife and children. I just wanted to share my experience here. Consider getting a second opinion is my advice. I will continue to use Miralax, eat a high fiber diet, drink lots of water, and take metamucil to keep my stool soft. I believe this all started back in December 2017 when I had a very hard stool. I just hope I don't relapse which apparently is common with fissures. There is relief. I feel so much better.
legalwriter

Topics: 1

Re: Finally Better After Eight Months

Postby bruce phyllis » 11 Aug 2018, 15:53

m8, i am so pleased for you... i am getting some improvement after having the botox injection for fissure, but not quite healed yet, but what is the nitroglycerine to do please? i have magnesuim hydroxide for stool softener but not heard of nitro...? i also believe coconut oil is helping to heal it as well. i also became grumpy, when i was having 6 or more ibuprofen tabs a day, plus the pain.
bruce phyllis
Fibre Addict